Lots of important fixes including the dreaded expanding .cap files bug! Also try out motion blur - you can enable it under Application Properties / Effects. Note this works by cranking up the framerate (more info) by the selected multiple, so you'll need to make sure your game is coded to use TimeDelta where necessary. Motion blur does not require pixel shaders, but requires a feature that only some graphics cards have; see the info link for supported hardware. It'd be helpful if you let me know if it works for you, and your graphics card model.
Here's the full changelog:
- [ADD] DLL bundling system whereby plugin dependencies are automatically embedded (so any DLLs required by plugins can be saved inside the EXE automatically)
- [ADD] Motion blur effect (under App Properties, Effects) and system actions/conditions to control it - see http://www.scirra.com/wiki/MotionBlur
- [ADD] New 'copy as text' to event sheet editor
- [ADD] Scripting toolbar to load/save scripts and some other operations (to be expanded soon)
- [ADD] System Object actions to python intellisense
- [ADD] New Ribbon items to insert groups/conditions/subevents for Event Sheet Editor
- [ADD] Ability to toggle events via Ribbon; disabled events will appear with strikethrough text and will not run
- [FIX] Object Information dialog now displays ACEs correctly
- [FIX] Used Plugins dialog now works correctly
- [FIX] Ribbon tabs contextually opened now (changing to Event Sheet Editor opens that tab, etc)
- [FIX] Cannot give a family name as an object name.
- [FIX] Possible problem adding global variables
- [FIX] Sprites set to 'No rotation' don't change angle even when other animation angles are drawn
- [FIX] Actions sometimes disappearing when they reference global variables
- [FIX] Improvements to Python redistribution (sockets should work now)
- [FIX] Adding an action now creates an undo item
- [FIX] No more crashes when resources not found
- [FIX] Crash playing MIDI files in Directsound (this operation is not supported)
- [FIX] 'Self' expressions (including .X etc) now work in movement parameters
- [FIX] Dropping a window after dragging it made movements and timedelta values jump
- [FIX] Every events not triggering after restarting a layout
- [FIX] Increasing file size bug of .cap files
- [FIX] Objects sometimes scaling wrong with Play Animation/Set Animation Frame actions
- [CHANGE] A warning in the add family dialog to avoid object names
- [CHANGE] Comprehensive error checking when loading .caps, alot more errors handled and no crashes if some problems encountered
- [CHANGE] Revamped changes system. Now layouts and event sheets will show as changed in the MDI tabs and prompts to save will be far more accurate.
- [CHANGE] Reworked Insert Object/Add Effect/Add Movement dialogs to make them more compact and neat.