Construct 0.94.3 released

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Tue May 06, 2008 6:49 pm

Fate must like to shaft me. After using fusion 1.5 for 5 years, i decide to check out the demo of version 2. Which had the same false '30 day trial' message that 1.5 did. I think nothing of it and use 1.5 and demo v2 at the same time. When i open 1.5 after a short time, a new 30 day warning appears. I didn't think about it and, after a while, it LOCKED me out. So i was a bit bummed and still thought i could use demo v2 like i did 1.5. Nope, it locks me out a few days later. Crap, i thought, there goes my hobby. So, i sit around depressed for a while and then i remember seeing something about construct on a forum post. Delighted, i search a bit and find it after a few secs and download it. I open the program, start a dx9 game project, and try to insert a new sprite. I get this message:

Microsoft c++ runtime error
Program error
Program-->filepath---> construct.exe
-R6025
-pure virtual function call

Construct then procedes to crash and close down with a send error report message. Everytime i try to add a sprite, or tiled background object. With every project type. I can look at the tutorials, but i can't add anything else to it. Same message.

I'm hoping i missed something during the installation process cause i'm going to try to reinstall it. I'm not sure where else to put this. Im using xp btw, if that has anything to do with it.
B
G

Post » Tue May 06, 2008 7:18 pm

So you can go file - new template, and open and run the templates? Is it purely inserting objects that crashes?

It would be useful to know your graphics hardware - if it's onboard, the GPU model or just motherboard model, too.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 06, 2008 9:57 pm

Yep. It just seems that it only effects the graphical objects. Sprite, background, picture list, etc. All except for the movie object, it crashes. I can insert any other object i want. But, if i insert one of those, it crashes.

Heres my specs from my general info

HP
AMD Athlon(tm) xp Processor
2800+
797 MHz, 256 MB of RAM

If i try to click on a premade sprite from an example, that crashes as well. It must be something with your editor or whatever. If it helps, i can rung C&C Generals and Zero Hour on my laptop with no problem. The title of the error says its something to do with the c++ runtime library.
B
G

Post » Tue May 06, 2008 10:18 pm

I still need to know your graphics hardware if you can find it out, for example nVidia GeForce 8800.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 06, 2008 10:25 pm

NVIDIA GeForce4 440 GO 64M

Couldn't find it there for a sec. BTW, would it have anything to do with the pixel shader or something? How would i check that out?
B
G

Post » Tue May 06, 2008 10:47 pm

I think your card is quite old and my best guess is it runs out of VRAM when the picture editor opens, which is the first thing that happens when you insert/double click a sprite, tiled background etc.

Could you open a template and hit F7? It should show a VRAM report, something like:

---------------------------
VRAM usage
VRAM usage by Construct:

8.34mb textures
15.01mb targets
23.35mb total

Approx 707 MB texture memory remaining
OK

(I think the texture memory approxomation might not be in 0.94.3)

I've had other reports of people running out of video memory on 64MB cards, but I can't work out why - the textures used by Construct should only add up to a few tens of megabytes.

Also, it would be useful to know your screen resolution. It's possible turning down your resolution (eg. from 1024x768 down to 800x600) could help.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 07, 2008 4:34 am

I started to have problems with one of the spirtes and the program than crashes. and "You Require to open this file" pops up when I open my file and I cannot edit it again. Whats wrong with it? is it a problem with the program itself? I lost a huge program I was trying to develop on.
B
G

Post » Wed May 07, 2008 4:47 am

Sorry for the late post, here it is:

0.50 mb textures
6.01 mb targets
6.51 mb total

Not sure why you need that. As seeing, it would be a blank project, with no other objects. Just try to plug in a sprite, and it crashes. Does having the error code help any?

Oh, and it is 1024x768. I'll try and rescale it.

EDIT: Just tried it. Same thing.
B
G

Post » Wed May 07, 2008 5:54 am

I used to own that card. I had shared video mem as a motherboard feature eating into my then-awesome 128 megs of ram. Check your bios to see if this may be part of the problem.
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 07, 2008 12:59 pm

[quote:3mf24huz]I started to have problems with one of the spirtes and the program than crashes. and "You Require to open this file" pops up when I open my file and I cannot edit it again. Whats wrong with it? is it a problem with the program itself? I lost a huge program I was trying to develop on.[/quote:3mf24huz]

Seems to I need to do create 2 diffrent files with very diffrent names and hopefully if it crashes I do not loose the whole game. I still don't know what causes the program to crash

It's perhaps when I do alot of editing and running the program, it seems to cause it. I also think it could be that the test application never closes that when you edit the game it starts to crash and than renders your file useless with a You Require to open this file issue. I know somebody else here has this issue.

Though other than that I have no clue how to fix it.
B
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct Classic Discussion