Construct 0.95.2 released

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:23 pm

It's a long shot, but could you try installing this, rebooting and trying again?

I've read that file does not visually do anything after you double click it, but that it will have taken effect anyway (it looks like you double click and nothing happens). Alternatively you can unzip it in winzip and extract a bunch of DLL files from it, which might work if you dump them in the Construct.exe directory.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:03 pm

Neither techniques worked :/

However i think i had less error messages - althought here only seemed to be a couple of extra objects to choose from. I'm not 100% on that though.

Would it be worth installing earlier versions to see if the problem has exsisted throughout or?
B
G

Post » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:22 pm

are u sure u dont have UAC acting up ?
do you have UAC enabled ?

or some other program that protects system folders with "auto denie acces" set ?

did you install it under the same account as you use it ?
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:50 pm

I've looked up the error and something weird is happening like every plugin is crashing as Construct tries to load it, so you don't get any plugins loaded. I have no idea what is going on. I guess you should try older versions, in case it was something I changed recently.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:27 am

[quote="TheInstance":kw2h3uov]are u sure u dont have UAC acting up ?
do you have UAC enabled ?

or some other program that protects system folders with "auto denie acces" set ?

did you install it under the same account as you use it ?[/quote:kw2h3uov]

Yes

Tried both on and off.

I've only got AVG that would do that sort of thing, and i odubt it does anyway.

Only have one account on this :]

Humm. I've got revision to do so i'll try older versions later. Thanks for your help anyway - i may resort to attempting a dual boot again.
B
G

Post » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:28 am

On my Vista machine at least, the recently released Service Pack 1 ironed out a lot of speed and stability issues I was having with Construct. Be sure you have it by now, as it's just a plain old good idea to be up to date with your OS. Will it help this problem in particular? Unlikely, but there have been countless alterations to memory management and graphics drivers/directx compatibility.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:14 pm

Yup same here.

Runs fine on Vista SP1, cept crashing when quitting construct.
95.2 runs better then previous releases.

Has to be something in ur system.

Would you care to download
http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/hi ... nstall.exe

save a log out, en post the log, let me look into it ?

and do u have the commercial version of AVG ? with firewall ?
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct Classic Discussion