Construct 0.98 released

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:19 pm

I just found a bug. You can't get expressions from the platform behavior anymore. Whenever I try this:

guy[Platform].VectorX

It claims that the object doesn't have a platform behavior. It will still get the values if you have CAPs with said expressions already in, but you can't add them anymore.

EDIT: Okay, you can't get expressions from any of the behaviors. Any chance of a hot-fix?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:29 pm

Awesome update. :shock:
B
G

Post » Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:34 pm

[quote="linkman2004":2swbxfws]I just found a bug. You can't get expressions from the platform behavior anymore. Whenever I try this:

guy[Platform].VectorX

It claims that the object doesn't have a platform behavior. It will still get the values if you have CAPs with said expressions already in, but you can't add them anymore.

EDIT: Okay, you can't get expressions from any of the behaviors. Any chance of a hot-fix?[/quote:2swbxfws]

Fix on the way.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:44 pm

wow that's one hell of christam gift, thanks a lot guys.
i just made Donuts for the family party, mind if i donate some. they are yummy ;D
i cant wait to try all the new behaviors.
now leave construct alone for a week and have a wonderful holidays with your lovers and/or familly.
cya next year
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:20 pm

[quote="linkman2004":yylo0129]I just found a bug. You can't get expressions from the platform behavior anymore. Whenever I try this:

guy[Platform].VectorX

It claims that the object doesn't have a platform behavior[/quote:yylo0129]
Hehe... there's the showstopper I was talking about. Uploaded a fixed version, same link. Give it half an hour or so from this message for it to propagate across the mirrors, then try again. Let me know if you get it working!
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:51 pm

Awesome update, guys. This is a lot to take in all at once :shock:. I still haven't played with all the new stuff yet...
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:53 pm

when you press undo while in the bone editor thingy, the properties bar becomes blank and you cant do anything. the only way out is to close the application, but you can still save.

btw very good update guys!

the boneable object is awesome.

[size=50:1a1wt9hu](deadeye: edit for table breaking.)[/size:1a1wt9hu]
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:54 pm

nice update, thanks for the amazing working on construct, downloading...

and Merry Christmas!

:D
B
G

Post » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:13 pm

Crash when creating an event for custom families. Default families work fine, but user-created ones crash.

Also, the Platform attribute makes the sides of a platform solid as well as the top. Should only be the top that's solid... if you jump at it at an angle and hit the side you slide up and around it, which looks a little (very) odd.

Also the default "Move Down" control makes you drop through Platforms... not too handy in games with ducking. Perhaps a toggle for that somewhere...?

The offset for tiled backgrounds is SWEET. That'll make for some good effects :). Needs a "Get offset" expression though, I think. Also loving the moving platforms thing... made some crazy ones with Sine behavior :P.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:23 pm

if you have groups and you use the add new event to group and X the event wizard out it will delete the group.

@ deadeye I think the crash may be cause by there being nothing in the families when we selected them.

Great update guys keep up the awesome work. Merry Christmas To all.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct Classic Discussion