[size=200:1mr69nkm]Construct 0.98.5 released
Basically a hotfix for some things that broke (*glances at David*
) in 0.98.4, and one or two things I'd done in between. Since 0.98.4 did not make the front page or send update notifications, its changelog is also attached below.
Remember you can donate via the main page
. All your donations mean a lot to us and thanks to everyone who's donated in the past. We also pay for upgrades to the Prof-UIS library from donations, so it does come back around.
[size=150:1mr69nkm]New in 0.98.5
- [ADD] System object: 'On device reset' trigger (objects like Minimap lose their textures on device reset; you might need this to redraw terrain and set up other objects)
- [FIX] Most recently used (MRU) list no longer shows duplicates
- [CHANGE] Opening an application also adds it to the MRU list
- [CHANGE] MRU now lists 10 items and shows full paths- [CHANGE] Insert icon replaced by Deadeye's icon. Thanks deadeye! Hotfixes
- [FIX] Platform movement fixes relating to platform and conditions such as 'is moving' were broken
- [ADD] Bone movement - moving mouse over a handle makes it go blue
- [ADD] Bone movement - action 'Force bone reposition', which can be used if you need the bones to instantly reposition themselves (eg. you're manually positioning something to the co-ordinates of a limb and your having synchronization problems)
[size=150:1mr69nkm]Changelog from 0.98.4
- [ADD] Drag & Drop: ability to limit dragging to one axis
- [ADD] RTS: Get destination X/Y
- [ADD] Platform: can disable down-falls-off-platform, new conditions for testing wall left/right/above
- [FIX] Ball movement: 'Set angle' had no effect when 'Rotate object' enabled
- [FIX] RTS movement: issuing a move action on Start of Layout crashed
- [FIX] Platform: objects with the 'platform' attribute are no longer solid sidewaysEvent sheet editor
- [ADD] Draws lines to show indentation of subevents
- [FIX] Crash using 'go to' when no include had been made
- [FIX] Adding events by the ribbon now insert at the right place
- [FIX] Adding stuff from the ribbon now unselects the previous selection and selects the new stuff
- [FIX] Adding conditions by the ribbon and by the right click inserts at the right place
- [FIX] Can no longer add sub events in stupid places like comments and includes (ribbon, right mouse popup, drag drop, hover buttons covered)
- [FIX] Deleting events or groups without deleting their children will no longer cause the children to reverse. Also, it will make the animation gap that the events move smaller so the transistion wont mess up
- [FIX] Crash running a project with a blank event sheet includeGeneral
- [ADD] New 'No serialize' attribute. Objects with this attribute will not be saved or loaded at runtime by the save/load/quicksave/quickload actions. Useful for objects like XAudio2 playing music etc (You need to add this attribute manually in old .caps)
- [ADD] 'No to all' when resource prompts occur, if they are missing
- [ADD] Some (long overdue) window settings: minimize box, maximize box, caption, resizable.
- [FIX] Reordering layouts now sets the changed status of applications to true
- [FIX] Editing/adding/deleting any resource now sets the application status to changed
- [FIX] Crash selecting 'go to url' in insert object dialog
- [FIX] Crash resizing selections in the Picture editor
- [CHANGE] Double clicking in the object bar opens the picture editor now
- [CHANGE] Updated to new Prof-UIS 2.84
- [CHANGE] Update checker now runs in a thread, should stop all lockups at start
- [CHANGE] The Directsound object no longer appears in the Insert Object dialog. You can still open old .caps using the object, though. Use XAudio2 instead of Directsound.Layout editor
- [ADD] Holding enter while left clicking selects the object under the selected object (allowing you to get to those hard to select items!)
- [ADD] While dragging, pressing enter will paste the object onto the layout making it easier to make large amounts of objects
- [FIX] Crash with pasting clones
- [CHANGE] Right click wont change the selection in layout editor if you mouse is over a selected objectPlugins
- [ADD] Timeline object: significantly upgraded, effectively version 2
- [ADD] XAudio2: Limiter (on by default). The limiter dynamically adjusts the volume so sound does not distort if you are playing a large number of samples at once. This substantially improves audio quality in this situation.
- [ADD] Layout object: transparent & resize-to-fit options, can scroll independently
- [ADD] Sprite: 'is overlapping at offset' condition. Can be used instead of 'detector' sprites.
- [ADD] Sprite: 'resume animation' action, which plays but does not go back to first frame
- [FIX] XAudio2: possible crash in playing samples
- [FIX] XAudio2: crash playing music from resource twice with two instances
- [FIX] Tiled background: 'set image scale' did not display all parameters in event sheet editor
- [FIX] Plasma object: is now timedelta-compliant
- [FIX] Crash in Bone movement
- [FIX] Minimap: invalid texture reference when device resetRuntime
- [ADD] System object: cubic interpolation expression (cubic())
- [FIX] Collisions: bounding-box tested against per-pixel objects was not working
- [FIX] Debugger-reported event numbers are now always correct
- [FIX] Problems with incomplete containers in layout editor again
- [FIX] Weirdly rendered display if the layout was smaller than the window, and mouse co-ordinates sometimes wrong in that case.
- [FIX] 'Pick a random object' didn't work correctly with families
- [CHANGE] Animations are now allowed to skip frames if they are faster than the framerate
- [CHANGE] Passing a family to a create/spawn action now picks a random type in that family and creates that
- [CHANGE] Debugger can now also identify the event sheet a crash originated from if it happened in an action, condition or expression.
- [CHANGE] Window automatically centers itself in the screen on startup.