Construct 0.99.3 broke graphics basically completely

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:09 pm

I think this is fixed in the next build, but I'm not sure what's causing it.

What's with all the drama though? Why not just go back to 0.98.9 and carry on developing with that, in the meantime submitting a "latest unstable build broke my .cap" style bug report so the issue is known to the developers? If you imported your project to an unstable testing build, ignored the warnings in the build descriptions and did not make a backup, clicked "yes" when prompted to save your .cap in the newer build (because it prompts to tell you it no longer will be able to open in the older build the file came from) before even realising it had broken it, then found that your file is broken and you're stuck... would that not have maybe been... unwise? :P
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:16 pm

Well, rounding the X&Y positions of visible sprites fixed the problem for him too, so floating positions of sprites seem to have caused the error for him.

The sprites do have large blank space around them (larger than 1px) so this could be probably done but considering that the game has like 500 sprites it would indeed be quite a hassle - in any case, all the rendering problems are now fixed.

Also, Ashley, I didn't notice that things were so broken because I was working in a layout with no scrolling - we only noticed it after lots of additions.

In the end though everything is actually better than before since now even all the minor rendering flaws caused by floating point scrolling that were in the previous builds are gone, making the end result look better than before.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:23 pm

Heh, who needs floating points? "Ooh look at me, I have ten decimal places." Pff.

Glad to hear everything is back on track :)
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:24 pm

OK, well, I think you should read this. 'Unstable' builds are for testing only - it's not intended that people import their serious, important projects to unstable builds to continue them - precisely because of what happened to you! Things can be seriously broken in unstable builds (in fact, you should expect it), so the plan is everyone imports their .caps, gives it a quick run to check if everything's working, and if it's not, file a bug report. Then keep using the last stable build and only upgrade to the next stable build!
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:41 pm

Yeah, I know. Then again, floating position scrolling was actually broken before as well: It just became worse in 0.99.3.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic