Construct 0.99.4 released (unstable)

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:45 pm

[size=150:3nk9qpyp]Download 0.99.4 now! (unstable build - for testing only)[/size:3nk9qpyp]
[size=85:3nk9qpyp]Link to 0.99.3 changelog[/size:3nk9qpyp]

Sorry for the long wait, we've all been pretty busy lately. Remember this is an unstable build for testing purposes only - so no complaining on the forum that your .cap doesn't work in it - just submit the bugs and wait for the stable release :)

And without further ado, the changelog!

[size=150:3nk9qpyp]Changelog:[/size:3nk9qpyp]
Behaviors
- [ADD] Platform movement now has 'jump gravity', 'fall gravity' and 'jump sustain gravity' to give better control over the jumping process
- [ADD] New 'Custom Movement' behavior - a very flexible behavior
- [FIX] Physics: bug hinging to a moving object
- [FIX] Various bugs in platform movement
- [FIX] Bone Movement: bug where deleting a frame replaced frame 1

General
- [ADD] Clone layout back to project bar
- [ADD] Custom collision masks via 'Launch explorer' menu in animator bar - see this custom collision mask demo video by Davo!
- [FIX] Resizing error on some dialogs
- [FIX] Couldn't edit layout names via the property bar
- [FIX] Crash previewing a layout from a standalone event sheet
- [FIX] Crash in event sheet editor when application contained no objects
- [FIX] Could not save applications with a music resource
- [FIX] Family icons won't have transparency replaced by black, they behave like sprite icons etc
- [FIX] Family multiplication when removing and adding a family
- [CHANGE] Controls system now supports binding controls to XBox 360 controller buttons

Picture Editor
- [FIX] Rotating by 45 degrees no longer adds an unerasable white.
- [FIX] Picture editor doesn't unexpectly close when you hit enter in the colour mixer bar
- [FIX] Picture editor action point tool and hotspot tool register the image as being modified if you use the arrow keys

Event Sheet Wizard
- [ADD] Intellisense for global variables. If you type global(' you get a list like you do normally with (' situations
- [FIX] Yellow highlighted items (such as Set Value) weren't remembered when you clicked the back button correctly, causing you to have to reselect it manually
- [FIX] Intellisense sometimes stopped working in parameters when you typed in the middle of an expression

Layout Editor
- [FIX] Sprites displayed offset in layout editor in some circumstances
- [FIX] Holding shift while dragging handles maintains proportions properly
- [FIX] Pasting objects into the layout editor when zoomed in/out now pastes in the correct spot
- [CHANGE] Lines are now drawn with antialising for rotated selection boxes

Plugins
- [ADD] Xbox 360 controller plugin
- [ADD] Panel Plugin - Lets you make textured boxes where a margin specifies an area which wont stretch. See this Panel object demo video by Davo for a demonstration! This object is very handy for making UIs.
- [ADD] Destroy action to AVI
- [ADD] Keyboard: Ability to simulate a control via an action
- [FIX] Text: 'get write speed' returned wrong value
- [CHANGE] Controls are between 0 - 1 to allow for analogue controls

Sprite object
- [FIX] Sprite: Very small inaccuracy in 'move at angle' action.
- [FIX] Sprite: Distortion bug fixed (Quazi Tentacle looks beautiful again)
- [ADD] Sprite: You can now set the initial animation and the initial frame number, allowing you to use a single object for multiple 'scenery' objects if you desire. See this Start Index demo video by Davo for a demonstration!

Runtime
- [FIX] Zooming and rotating displayed incorrectly if the X and Y zoom ratios differed
- [FIX] Zoom Rate (layer) now works properly so if you set it to 2 it will zoom in twice as fast
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:02 pm

yayyayaayayayz w00t!!!!1!!!111!

Ahem.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:11 pm

Wow! That panel object is awesome! Nice work! :D
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:25 pm

Hurray!

Really like the new Panel object. Very useful!
B
G

Post » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:09 pm

i have a problem, it likely has to do with the fact that i'm trying to install it in sandboxie but older versions of construct had no problems being installed in a sandbox

[url:1yd00oyh]http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t294/vinnyang/temp/code14001.png[/url:1yd00oyh]

any help getting it to work would be much appreciated!
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:09 pm

Why not install it normally?
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:29 pm

Does the 360 controller plugin work in older, more stable versions of Construct?
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:42 pm

@Rich

i like the ease of removing old version of construct completely before installing new builds
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:43 pm

I don't think it will, the XBox 360 controller required various IDE and runtime changes, so it won't be backwards compatible.

Edit: Vinny: you need to run the full setup including the VS2005 redist that the setup should launch, is sandboxie preventing that from launching or preventing its successful installation? If sandboxie breaks the setup I'd contact the sandboxie devs, because I don't think there's anything unusual about our setup and it hasn't changed significantly since the last build :P
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:45 pm

The installer removes any old registry settings. What more do you want to remove? There's a .ini file in your application settings if you want to go the whole way, I guess.
B
S
G

Next

Return to Construct Classic Discussion