[size=200:1jrf1eof]Download Construct 0.99.72 (unstable)
[size=85:1jrf1eof]This is an unstable
build. You can help Construct's development by downloading it, trying it out, testing and reporting bugs. If you have projects you want to work on without possible bugs getting in the way, stick to stable builds.Link to previous build (0.99.7) changelog
Some more general bug fixes before the new year. Hope y'all had a good christmas if that's your thing! This build fixes some problems introduced in 0.99.7 plus a batch of general other bug fixes. Davo's also added some bracket matching and syntax colouring to the parameters dialog
- [FIX] Timer: crash when saving/loading
- [FIX] Platform Movement: Detecting a wall to the left/right of you no longer picks up 'slopes'
- [FIX] Physics: custom collision masks with a hotspot not in the centre would not work as expected
- [CHANGE] Physics: Simulation Steps - Control how accurate this physics is.Plugins
- [FIX] Canvas: runtime did not scale canvas texture if it was scaled in the layout editor.
- [FIX] Canvas: drawing lines didn't work correctly (co-ordinates got messed up)
- [FIX] Canvas : Pasting objects into it when its at an angle now works
- [FIX] Tiled Background: Non-power-of-2 images are inset by a pixel, but the tiles no longer 'overlap', the area is cropped back (semitransparent tiled backgrounds now render seamlessly)
- [FIX] Text: Retrieving text width/height now works
- [FIX] Edit box: 'Focus off' stopped some mouse & keyboard conditions working
- [FIX] Array: Set index to ? x 0 x 0 followed by setting a value could crash
- [FIX] Box: setting width/height reset hotspot position to centrePicture Editor
- [ADD] Hotspot and image points finally have an input thingy to type co-ordinates into!
- [FIX] Holding alt will now position image points in all the framesRuntime
- [FIX] Collisions : A weird glitch involving the near bottom of the collision reported by davioware has been fixed.
- [FIX] Memory leak with effects
- [FIX] Crash when family spawning an object in that family.
- [FIX] Families reported object counts incorrectly.Editor
- [ADD] Bracket matching and syntax colouring in parameters dialog
- [FIX] Exporting an event with a trigger as a subevent, and within that trigger event having any other conditions resulted in duplicates. Now fixed
- [FIX] You could rotate an object that wasn't rotatable (causing the bounding box to rotate)
- [FIX] Python crash fixed.Effects
- [ADD] Added new 'set' pixel shader (0.0).
Programmer's Version: Basically shaders like 'magnify' render a distortion of the background on top of the background. This means if you combine a magnify and an opacity tint, you can get half of the distortion and half of the background which is useful. However, if the background isn't opaque (an object rendering on a layer of its own texture, or say a distortion rendering onto a canvas) you get 'doubling up' of pixels in the background and the pixels in the foreground. So 'set' ignores all the pixels in the background.
Human Version: If you're pasting an object with 'magnify' onto the canvas to mix the pixels up, put 'set' on it to stop the pixels getting solider!