Construct 0.99.8 released (unstable)

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:55 pm

Platform movement still has issues with moving platforms. Players land on them fine, but now the jump button only seems to work about a quarter of the time when on a moving platform.
B
G

Post » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:28 pm

[quote="feeblethemighty":3i0rc6xi]Platform movement still has issues with moving platforms. Players land on them fine, but now the jump button only seems to work about a quarter of the time when on a moving platform.[/quote:3i0rc6xi]

Horizontal or vertical? I was testing problems with vertical platforms (which David has fixed for the next build)... I honestly didn't even think to try horizontal ones.

Eh, I guess I should get on my Construct computer and test it for myself.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:09 pm

This is great ! Thanks !!
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:21 pm

[quote="deadeye":qzbajvcp]
Horizontal or vertical? I was testing problems with vertical platforms (which David has fixed for the next build)... I honestly didn't even think to try horizontal ones.
[/quote:qzbajvcp]

Vertical platforms. Actually, i just checked it again just by loading up the old version of GUYMAN HERO in 99.8 (if you didn't delete it you probably have that version too, the one i PMed to you just copy and paste the player to the really frustratingly hard platform-y screen and test it on the first platform) and the jumping problem happens even when the player is standing on a stationary platform.

It also seems like now there is a pixel's worth of distance between the player and the platform. Sometimes. Sometimes there isn't. That was never there before either.

If you could check too, that would be great.
B
G

Post » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:29 pm

[quote="feeblethemighty":258x9ns9]If you could check too, that would be great.[/quote:258x9ns9]

I don't have to check, all that is fixed for v.0.99.82. Er... what I mean is yes I was aware of that and it's taken care of. You should try out the new version.

There are a couple new bugs though, like if you try to down-jump through a solid object the player will actually make an attempt instead of jumping normally, and a whole list of issues with sideways gravity. But for normal platforming with downwards gravity it's pretty solid.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:08 pm

Oh, holy crap. I was not expecting another update so soon! These guys are awesome! Downloading the new version now...
B
G

Previous

Return to Construct Classic Discussion