Construct 0.99.82 released (unstable)

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:07 am

I hate to be the one to do this, but effects are completely broken now. :(

Thing is, they were working at first, so I really don't know what happened. I've rebooted, reinstalled etc. and so on. They partially work when on the same layer, otherwise they do nothing (with force texture on or off).

Examples

Download #1

Download #2

Download #3

As you'll see, the effects appear to be disabled and in some cases sprites vanishing entirely.

Also had this error appear out of the blue the once.

Thing is, it was working before I went to sleep, then waking up, it suddenly wasn't. Nothing was changed between then and now. Hardware all seems fine, no trouble running other things requiring DirectX.

It's a weird one is this. Now it SORTA seems like it's working again.. a little bit. I dunno, something doesn't seem right and I can't put my finger on what's really going on.

Attempting to clone an object with an effect on crashes construct

Creating a sprite with magnify and wave effects, creates a larger box outside the sprite and doubles the effect (an example I was making before it crashed on me, had a 3D box under it, appearing with a copy of the 3D box on top of it, even though only one 3D box existed).

Download #4

I can't report this on the tracker, apart from the usual not being able to sign up on sourceforge, I don't even know what I'm reporting or what sort of thing is going on besides it not working in some strange way. :(

Also using faded brushes in the sprite image editor seems to cause a weird look to the edges, like painting with wet ink or water colors, when it would have otherwise been smooth like the Photoshop airbrush.

-

Also, 3D boxes don't become visible if placed outside the initial window area

Download #5

:(
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:27 pm

Platforming works great! But now some parts of my game work completely differently and i don't really know why. It might be the way i coded(evented?) things, though. Kinda hard to tell.
B
G

Post » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:51 pm

[quote="feeblethemighty":29f20va4]Platforming works great! But now some parts of my game work completely differently and i don't really know why. It might be the way i coded(evented?) things, though. Kinda hard to tell.[/quote:29f20va4]

What parts are different?
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:41 am

The aliens in GUYMAN HERO face the proper direction, but now they run backwards. Here's a snippet of events which i think are the culprit:

I have a family called "actor" which the aliens and other platforming enemies are a part of so i can just set their "move" variable to 1 or -1 depending on which way i want them to go. They also have a "xspeed" variable so i can control their movements a little more accurately. This bunch of events worked fine in 99.7, but now if "xspeed" is negative, they move as if "xspeed" were positive.

Maybe it's more family issues?
B
G

Post » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:21 am

[quote="Ashley":405wbte6][FIX] - Bounding boxes of elevated 3d graphics are calculated correctly.[/quote:405wbte6]
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
WOOOO!
the z sprites don't disappear anymore
you guys rock!
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:53 am

[quote="feeblethemighty":8au7m9kt]The aliens in GUYMAN HERO face the proper direction, but now they run backwards[/quote:8au7m9kt]

You may be surprised to hear this but when I opened up the .cap you sent me in 0.99.72 for the first time (this was before 0.99.8 was even released), that's exactly what happened. I didn't mention it because I thought that either you sent me a different earlier build where the enemies weren't fixed yet or you had done that on purpose for some reason like, to make testing easier for me :P

Anyway, as various builds get released, some small changes may occur from build to build that don't necessarily break your .cap, but make it so you have to tweak your .cap back into proper shape. I made Platform School in 0.98.9, and when I updated it in 0.99.8 I had to change all the swimming settings because there were new "Jump gravity" and "Jump sustain gravity" settings, and it appears that the values for acceleration and deceleration in the behavior had been changed as well so he was swimming really weird. So I guess as long as you can at least fix it, then everything should be okay.

Wheee! Beta testing!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:56 am

Is it just me, or did global variables disappear? I haven't been around for a few decimals...
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:01 am

[quote="Vrav":l0cpg440]Is it just me, or did global variables disappear? I haven't been around for a few decimals...[/quote:l0cpg440]
Check over in the folders section of the project tab
Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:06 am

Oh man, thank you so much. I'm almost embarrassed that I missed it there, haha.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:53 pm

[quote="deadeye":29bhg75g]You may be surprised to hear this but when I opened up the .cap you sent me in 0.99.72 for the first time (this was before 0.99.8 was even released), that's exactly what happened. I didn't mention it because I thought that either you sent me a different earlier build where the enemies weren't fixed yet or you had done that on purpose for some reason like, to make testing easier for me :P[/quote:29bhg75g]

Heh. The aliens were just scared of you, deadeye! :P

Actually, i had tried 99.72 and noticed the same thing, then reverted back to 99.7 because i didn't have time to tweak it again before the deadline. *Sigh* I guess i have some work ahead of me. But at least the platforming is spot on. :)

Thanks for the tip.
B
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct Classic Discussion