Construct 0.99.84 released (unstable)

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:53 am

Everyone chill! It's an important feature to have unicode, and it's especially crucial to non-English speakers, since it can be difficult or impossible to make a game in your native language without unicode support. Imagine trying to make a platformer for your friends in a program that doesn't support English, only Hindi characters.

aolko, you do not understand how difficult it is to add unicode support to Construct. There are hundreds of thousands of lines of code, it's much more complicated than flipping a switch, and we only work on this in our spare time. So, in short, there will not be unicode support before Construct 2.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:34 pm

[quote="Ashley":2r3nq8u4]Everyone chill! It's an important feature to have unicode, and it's especially crucial to non-English speakers, since it can be difficult or impossible to make a game in your native language without unicode support. Imagine trying to make a platformer for your friends in a program that doesn't support English, only Hindi characters.

aolko, you do not understand how difficult it is to add unicode support to Construct. There are hundreds of thousands of lines of code, it's much more complicated than flipping a switch, and we only work on this in our spare time. So, in short, there will not be unicode support before Construct 2.[/quote:2r3nq8u4]
D'oh! when construct 2 will release then? or when will be beta avaliable?
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:48 pm

[quote="aolko":278m53kw][quote="Ashley":278m53kw]Everyone chill! It's an important feature to have unicode, and it's especially crucial to non-English speakers, since it can be difficult or impossible to make a game in your native language without unicode support. Imagine trying to make a platformer for your friends in a program that doesn't support English, only Hindi characters.

aolko, you do not understand how difficult it is to add unicode support to Construct. There are hundreds of thousands of lines of code, it's much more complicated than flipping a switch, and we only work on this in our spare time. So, in short, there will not be unicode support before Construct 2.[/quote:278m53kw]
D'oh! when construct 2 will release then? or when will be beta avaliable?[/quote:278m53kw]
Considering the world ends in 2012, I'd say never :(

In all seriousness, would this be possible through Python? I'm not too sure about the extent of Python's integration, but doesn't it have unicode support built in?
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:23 pm

[quote="Shady":352niw16]In all seriousness, would this be possible through Python? I'm not too sure about the extent of Python's integration, but doesn't it have unicode support built in?[/quote:352niw16]

You can't draw to Constructs window using Python, but in theory you could do a image font thing.
Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:01 pm

Has anyone noticed that the platform attribute isn't reliable any more?
I've just observed that platform behavior objects tend to just fall through objects marked as platforms now. Sometimes they WILL stand on it, but then most of the time they fall straight through.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:18 am

How is the next release looking? I believe a new stable release should be pushed out soon, at least to plug the SSE2 crash in stable release.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:46 pm

Yo!

I found a bug in this version that has to do with python. It took me 4 hours of bug testing to pinpoint it down, but thanks to that the bug is fully reproducable. Tried on 4 different computers.

The problem arises when you enable python scripting, have no python script in the event sheets and has over 700 created objects (They don't have to exist at the same time, it is enough with 700 ever created objects). Then it crashes. It crashes the debugger too.

Took us ages to figure out why our game crashed randomly after a while. We added a "1+1" script and the crash went away.

Cheers.
B
G

Post » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:50 pm

I want to ask, will there be any fix for the Auto-Save feature? It's always auto-saving everytime I do something. There is even a bug report from 2008, meaning it was most likely ignored. I think it's a really inportant feature, especially for "unstable" builds. Because mostly, Construct crashes while you're not looking out and forgot to save. :roll:
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:02 am

[??=???] [??= 200] [??= http://sourceforge.net/projects/constru ... /Construct%200.99.84/Construct09984setup.exe/download]????0.99.84(???)[/??] [/??]
[??= 85]????[i]????[/ i]?????????????????,????,??????????????,?????????????????,????????
[??= viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5818]????????(0.99.83)????[/??] [/??]

??????,?????R0J0hound???????????(???????;)??)????????????????? - ?????,????????,??????????,????????anythings??(????)?

[??= 150]????[/??]
[??]??[/?]
- [??]????:????/???,??????????,???????,??????????,????

?[b]??[/?]
- [??]?????????????????????????

[??]?[/?]
- [??] Crispify??????(???????!)

?[b]??[/?]
- [??]??VC2005?Redist?DirectX????/??????/ verysilent??????,?????????,?????????????????????(?????VC2005?Redist?DirectX???8???2008 - ?????????????,?????????????)

?[b]??[/?]
- [??]???????Xbox 360???????????????????????????
- [??]????X X????????

[??]?Python [/?]
- [??]??????????????????(R0J0hound)
- [??]???Python??(R0J0hound????)
- [??]'??'???????'globalvar',??'??'?Python??????,??????????????(R0J0hound)

?[b]??[/?]
- [??]?????SSE2??????(R0J0hound)
- [??]??????????????????(R0J0hound)
- [??]?????????????????????[/??]
??????????
B
G

Post » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:49 am

wtf moonspeak
B
S
G