Construct 0.99.9 released (unstable)

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:16 pm

lots of nice new adds and fixes in this build.

and you release the 3d object just as i finished making a model of thumbs for a 3d thumbwrestiling game im making for the TIGsource compo. dynamically animated and everything. GRR it would of came in handy :P.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:59 pm

Can someone please check Platform and see if it crashed for you? Just make two solid boxes and give the top one Platform, it crashes on run for me.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:02 pm

[quote="Dataflashsabot":3ixs4nwq]Can someone please check Platform and see if it crashed for you? Just make two solid boxes and give the top one Platform, it crashes on run for me.[/quote:3ixs4nwq]

Works OK for me.

This version broke my platform game, not bothered though it needed re-doing anyway.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:24 pm

[quote="Dataflashsabot":2q684i9h]Can someone please check Platform and see if it crashed for you? Just make two solid boxes and give the top one Platform, it crashes on run for me.[/quote:2q684i9h]

I just tried it too, no crash here. I don't have any previous platform games to test though.
B
G

Post » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:21 pm

In what way do you mean platform movement broke your engine?
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:36 pm

Also, Quazi that looks awesome!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:28 pm

[quote="David":opnrfdmu]In what way do you mean platform movement broke your engine?[/quote:opnrfdmu]

Sorry David as I metioned in chat it was my fault. The cap works perfectly in the new version.

I just forgot to press ctrl+BRAIN. :)

My bad.

:?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:04 am

[quote="Mipey":3lk5417b]I am still having problems with corrupted projects (I tend to add and remove families/private variables/stuff and then run into strange bugs).

0.99.9 is still not the most stable in that regard, however it is miles better than the current stable release.[/quote:3lk5417b]

Yeah, I'm in the same boat as you are. Corrupted projects are still happening for me as well with this version. Some odd, and seemingly unreplicatable bugs show up within the editor itself, and the project is never the same again. As in, writing the same exact script, line for line, in a new project seems to work as intended, whereas something or other will go wrong with the old project.

Sometimes it's not even a runtime issue. My favorite one today involved construct.exe crashing every time I attempted to change the font in any Text object in a particular layout. Other layouts in the same project, no problem. Opening Construct again, still the same problem. I ended up copying the Text object to a different layout, changing the font there, and pasting a clone of itself into the first layout. Still, a lot of needless work for something like that.

And every version I've tried seems to have the same intermittent bugs with the Animator window, wherein clicking on the animation name will sometimes work just fine, sometimes do nothing at all, and sometimes crash the program.

So, yeah. This version isn't stable, nor is the previous "stable" version, nor the couple of versions in-between. But if we're using the "stable" version as our benchmark, 0.99.90 is as good as any.

I don't mean to sound especially negative or disparaging, but it does get a little frustrating. I keep hoping the existing bugs will get fixed before new functionality is added, but most of the time the bugs that are squashed aren't at all related to things I use.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:29 am

shadow caster crashes everything 4 me.
any1 knows how to fix it ?
B
G

Post » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:26 am

[quote="Ashley":32850sme]How's this looking for a new stable release folks?[/quote:32850sme]

If you still require comments....

If I load an example, right mouse over the project and close it, then load another example and try the same thing, it crashes Construct. It happened twice in a row, using different examples. All the examples run correctly within this build.

It seems to happen if you just load an example, then close it without doing any other action, then open another (sometimes a third or fourth), i.e. when browsing for that useful tip you saw!
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct Classic Discussion