Construct 2 and BlackBerry WebWorks 2.0+

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:33 pm

Is failing minify a reason why there is fps drops?

I am getting a crazy low 6 or 5 fps on a very simple game on 10.2, z10.
Even on a simple title screeen with a hovering logo and 2 buttons.
Krish
Hey! Did you know that you can hire me to make your games?

Click Here to See More
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:18 am

@Rapzuz

Yes it was as you said for me too, thank you. WebGL seems the cause of blank screen both on debug version of the app and preview over Wifi.

Note: I am using VMware free version with BlackBerry simulator mounted on. Apparently, no errors come out when using web inspector, except for a "viewport-ui" which is said to be ignored and, if I am not wrong, it shouldn't be related to the issue.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:21 pm

The minifying shouldn't affect FPS that much; most of the time it would be fairly negligible. Minifying has more of a role in script load times, but when packaged on-device with the app, even that isn't affected as much. I have seen audio (when multiple channels are mixed) cause latency issues, or if there are a lot of effects (movement, scaling, particles, etc.) going on.
B
S

Post » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:01 am

hello @waterlooerik

i am having issues bulding

I have webworks 2 installed, registered my keys, and when i try webworks build i get "an error has occured" i tried everything i can find or think of.
I have tried with my phone plugged in and not, playing with mydevices as a target, and redoing keys.
I am not sure what I am doing.

I am on vista, running a Z10. I can run my program in the browser fine, but I cannot get it to run or build.

EDIT: I got it to build finally, I had to set "HOME_PATH" in my system variables.

I do get a lot of errors here and there. Once I build once, I need to make a new directory or else it says my version in my config is not valid. Even if I increment the build number. Not sure why. Anyways, got it building now.
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 09, 2014 9:42 pm

I too would like insight from someone who has published successfully to blackberry, seems to me like only the "chosen ones" make it past webworks. After going thru command line to build my app I get error messages about version id even though nothin seems to be conflicting since Ive never submitted to BB10 I just leave my version ID at 1.0 and make the adjustments to the config.xml & index.html accordingly.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S

Post » Sun May 11, 2014 3:34 pm

@eyezwidee

it has been awhile since I did mine, I have a few apps to release to blackberry soon.

Until then I cannot do a step by step for how I did it. But I dont see any errors in the screen shot you posted
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 12, 2014 2:05 am

Sorry I put up the wrong screen shot but I got passed it. Whats been an issue for me now is testing my app through webworks run command

when I run that command in my root export folder it tells me to enter my device password but won't let me input anything
B
S

Post » Mon May 12, 2014 3:25 am

Along with keyboard input being disabled after runnning: webworks run (In root folder)

When I build my bar file it says I didnt place my debug token where it needs to be, lists where it needs to be, i copy it to where it lists where it needs to be, and when I run the command: webworks build I get the same [Warn] message that my debug token isnt where it should be.. It still creates the bar file but without testing it I don't feel comfortable submitting..
Please Help

example2.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S

Post » Tue May 13, 2014 6:22 pm

@eyezwidee

im on skype now if you are ready to get your blackberry app running :)
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 14, 2014 7:16 pm

Thanks @humanescape everything worked out !

When it asks for device password input is still enabled but not displayed when entering the password, I never knew that so thanks again for all the insight & help.
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General