Construct 2 and new Facebook Appcenter

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:24 pm

I don't see anyone making even decent income from Kongregate. The only way is to get sponsored and I don't think they currently sponsor HTML5 games.
I'm not familiar how the games in Facebook work, but I think they are mostly just variations of Farmville.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:44 pm

[QUOTE=Hillstrom] Yes, but ssl licences are getting more cheaper this days. The more demand the better i guess. The price anyway should be perfectly compensated with any income from the overall operation (or you are basically bankrupt).

Anyone see any future in MobiUs or whatever similar Ios browser for gaming? (i don't want to add more work to you but i have to ring you @Ashley about this one since you may now better)[/QUOTE]

Ive found some cheap SSL licenses some time ago.
Im interested in using facebook as a platform, but not for monetization. Im more interested in using it to promote the mobile versions of my games and create interest in future titles. ;]
Im just not seeing people investing real money in browser games and the mechanics of operating a virtual items store are far too complicated to me now. Id rather invest my time making some cool game mechanics.
If some solution like clay.io proves itself simple enough and trustworthy enough, Ill start to think about it.

Ive personally not tested the MobiUs, care to share some impressions?

B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:35 pm

I don't have an Ios device, that's why i ask about any info regardless that platform. From what AppMobi claims it do sounds pretty good so far.

About people not spending real money in browser games, that's not true, even "non-ville" games earns money from microtransactions. On facebook there's a game called Backyard Monsters that earned money so far with this game (besides aids i suppose).

There's a real movement of better games comming to facebook, if we can access html5 games directly from browsers (specially on ios/android) with a microtransaction backend provided by any social page (that serve as direct critical mass) could be even better than just spect a solution to enter the Ios Appstore just to be lost in their oblivion. Or spect to earn some coin from just Aids or not so good offers from third party Game Portals.

I believe there's future in html5, it's just a matter of finding new grounds and belive that money can be done with this.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:58 pm

If you sign up with hostgator you get a free SSL certificate. At least that was their deal when I signed up last year. Works great for publishing Facebook apps. FYI.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:25 pm

[QUOTE=ArcadEd] If you sign up with hostgator you get a free SSL certificate. At least that was their deal when I signed up last year. Works great for publishing Facebook apps. FYI.[/QUOTE]
Going to check that out, Im sick of godaddy.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General