construct 2 doesnt start on my pc with steam

Bugs will be moved here once resolved.

Post » Sun May 12, 2013 7:12 pm

Steps to reproduce:
1. press start on Steam, does not happen
2. I have downloaded the DLL has Brought no success.
3. I downloaded free version Construct on Scirra homepage, it works fine!

Observed result:

When I start Construct Directly from the installation directory, I get the Following message: Der Prozedureinsprunspunkt "" wurde in der DLL "gdiplus.dll" nicht gefunden.

Expected result:

It dosnt run

Operating system and service pack:
Win 7 / 64bit
graphic card drivers are up to date
B

Post » Wed May 15, 2013 3:43 pm

I have tried to run Construct 2 through Steam with multiple XPs and it doesn't work. Steam just says "Failed to start game (app already running).

Today I just got Windows 8 installed on my Mac, which I bought only to use C2. Does it work? Nope! The exact same error message occurs, and I really doubt it has anything to do with my graphics driver which is fully updated.

This is a major bummer, as I can't switch to Windows 7 now. The only OS C2 has worked with is W7 in my experience, which I borrow from a friend when it's available. The reason I bought W8 was to test out my games as W8 apps.

I think that you should consider fixing this bug as it impacts a LOT of users. I posted this problem on the Steam page as well, and others have answered that they have the same problem and don't know of any solutions.
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 22, 2013 12:33 pm

Most likely a Steam problem.

I have been using C2 on Win8 since Dec 2012 and it works just fine aside from the known crashes which seam to be occurring on multiple platforms.

And I believe Ashley develops C2 on Win8 also.
If it can be done, someone on the web will show you how to do it!

CDASI Games Mentality Break Splat-a-bug FlapFleet Challenge
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:00 pm

I've also been having problems getting it to work consistently on Steam. It will either fail to launch or will crash (on windows 7).
B
S
G

Return to Closed bugs