Construct 2 - feature poll

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:47 am

Third choice - more 3d features
B
G

Post » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:25 am

Gamepad support (every serious gamedev app should support gamepads )
Better picking instances
Import\export stuff for team working

And it would be nice to have 'On create' event here
B
S
G

Post » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:54 am

[quote="KrushBrother":1043mofk]Are they really the top 10 features from the other thread? (genuine question, not being funny).[/quote:1043mofk]
Not exactly, but ten of the ideas most frequently recurring. I filtered out minor feature requests, I'm going for the large ideas that need to be integrated to the architecture.

[quote:1043mofk]On the subject of multi-platform, do you have any idea which platform you will probably go for as the second export?[/quote:1043mofk]
I'm going to run another poll and see what people think the next most important platform is.

[quote:1043mofk]Lastly, what exactly do you mean by "Event-written behaviors/plugins/modules"?[/quote:1043mofk]
Lucid's post was pretty spot on. Basically, it's re-usable events, so you can write a bunch of events for something like enemy AI, and export them as a re-usable thing.

[quote="Candy":1043mofk]Too bad we can't choose more than 3, i was wishing we could select 5 thing as our wishe...[/quote:1043mofk]
I know you might have more than 3, but I deliberately limited it - if I allowed too many then everyone would just vote for everything! By limiting the choices you have to choose more carefully, and although you might not get to choose something you really want, it should smooth out over many people voting, giving a rough indicator of the relative popularity of each feature.

Stability did not make the list, but I don't think there's any point listing it - stability is a given and a necessary requirement of any software, it'd just be something everyone voted for if it was in the list. (And we have ideas to significantly improve the stability of C2 anyway.)
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:57 am

this is the poll i've spent the most time answering..

for multiplatform: i'd vote for web browser
B
S
G

Post » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:00 pm

- Team collaboration
- Multiplatform
- Better instance picking

I believe these are the best options to make Construct 2 better than C1. The other features are of course needed, and some improvements to the very core are already scheduled, right? Man, this will be so awesome!

From an educational point of view, I'd love to see the Multilingual UI - I know it's the less voted feature so far, but I don't see why it shouldn't be included in C2: It should be easy to design this in the beginning of the project. With the capability of being translated, I can see construct being used in schools for younger children around the world and... I don't know, it sounds terrific.

As for the Multiplatform, I totally agree with Ash. Of course, most gamers use Windows, so it should be the "official" platform. And for the other platform, I'm thinking MacOS. With the Steam support, Intel processors and Wine, the OS has seen an increase in game releases, so I think it would be the better option. What do you guys plan on doing: Making Construct run on both platforms, or making it run only on windows and creating a game export for other platforms?
B
S
G

Post » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:58 pm

Ah, I see what you mean by "Event-written behaviors/plugins/modules" now.
Thanks guys.
I've now used my 3rd vote for that feature, as it sounds very powerful.

Having looked at the results again now that more people have voted, I'm a bit concerned that gamepad support has dropped down the list.
For me, this is THE most important aspect of playing a game, and we shouldn't expect users of our games to have to install 3rd party utilities like joy2key just to play them with a gamepad.
I think that gamepad support should be in there 100%, regardless of other features, especially if Construct 2 is going to be a commercial product.

Krush.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:07 pm

Mac support would be nice but - Xbox360 support would be something else, would make Construct super popular.

Another side request I thought of is being able to tweak things during runtime, stuff like jump strength in the platform behaviour.

My biggest thing is audio support though - easy functions for fading/cross-fading sounds, Doppler effects and being able to attach the sine behaviour to the volume of a sound.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:05 am

Ashley how long can we still vote? I hope you will not close this topic to soon....
B
G

Post » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:00 pm

I hope the fact that this poll doesn't have "full unicode support" means that it's already planned and listed as an absolute must feature.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:21 pm

Yes, full unicode support is planned. Also, I don't plan on closing this topic - you can vote as long as you like. I'll check it from time to time to see if anything has changed.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct Classic Discussion