Post » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:10 pm

This is the closest you can get to construct2 on linux
http://www.compilgames.net/

if you would like to see it get closer in features, they have a donate page :D
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:02 pm

I love Construct 2, but I've been looking at returning to Linux as my OS for a while now, it would be amazing if Construct 2 would be ported to support it, I know its not something that couldn't happen over night and with such a small dev team I don't see if being done anytime soon.

I found that 'GameDevelop' through a friend who linked me to it, its pretty great actually, as with most open source things as of late. I will likely be using that over C2 once I do make the switch from Windows to Linux. I'm looking into another possibility too though, I suppose if I can get my hands on a cheap laptop (windows based) I can continue to use Construct 2 on that.

In any case, it would be great to see this eventually :D but I wont be holding my breath for it anytime soon :P

I think my solution should work find for now, using a pre-owned laptop that I can hopefully find for cheap to just use for my HTML5 game developing needs :D after all, I still have my copy of windows 7 here XD - Sorry guys just kinda thinking out loud through my reply :S lol

So, +1 to Linux support from me for whenever it may be possible!! :)

Regards,
Patriick
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:55 am

i try to install wine in ubuntu 13.10 i had some issues but now its ok and ill test c2 today in ubuntu.i hope that everything will work ok.

about gamedevelop its like almost the same like c2. it has dynamic lights system and it starts something like kickstarter campaing https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/game-develop for mobile exporters and desktop exporters. its less than 2000 euros away for get funded. A nice program

@Ashley if gamedevelop has the dynamic lights feature why not C2? Is that difficult? its a great "tool"
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:19 am

Running an exported C2 program in Linux:

Run in a terminal the program you exported, look for the error message, install the required package (not all distros, even Ubuntu, come with the right libs) and the game will work. I do run tests in Linux but I can't think of the library you need off the top of my head.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:00 pm

+1 for a Linux client (via steam :))
B
S

Post » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:06 pm

+1 for Linux port
B
S

Post » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:00 am

+ 8 for Linux, were are experienced games devs (ex EA , Sony, Ubisoft etc) looking for a good teaching tool, and construct 2 looks good, but we (like a lot of the games devs I know) migrated away from windows a while ago, it just kept getting in the way. So ideally we would like to use Construct 2, but since we are really not keen on going back to windows, we are evaluating GDevelop as well.
B

Post » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:41 pm

I'll add my voice to the call for linux as well; it just about runs on wine, but crashes when you attempt to start a project. Under VBox, you're pretty much relegated to 2d graphics; 3d just isn't sufficiently performant to do a thing.
B

Post » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:53 pm

Well, since a major point of doing construct3 was supporting linux and osx.. it probably will be released for it ;-)
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:38 pm

+1 linux port
B

PreviousNext

Return to How do I....?