Construct 2 Mobile Performances

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:25 pm

iOS 8+ is supposed to work great with phonegap.

Android is hit and miss. And, given how massively fragmented it is -- on both a software and hardware level -- it will likely remain that way.

Cocoon.io Canvas+ is hands down the best option for android perf-wise, as it is blazingly fast and smooth, and supports cordova plugs and webGL now. However, you have to change one line in the C2 runtime for it to work:

https://forums.cocoon.io/t/construct-2- ... g-issue/41

For targeting more powerful devices, XDK export with Cwalk 14 is probably the best; it's a full browser engine that supports more features than Canvas+. Exports are larger though, and perf can't hold a candle to Canvas+ on weaker devices.
Don't lose your work. Backup your game with Dropbox.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:57 am

How to export game to android? I don't see any option there to export my game to apk file..
B

Post » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:00 am

Okay guys, let's discuss a bit with desktop gameplay
I just played this two games:
scirra.com/construct2/demos/ghost-shooter
scirra.com/construct2/demos/space-blaster
Both of it freezes which unallow me to play on the website. And I thought the project was failure, so I download the project file to make sure. I opened it in my Construct 2 free edition, and I ran the layout which redirects me to my Firefox again with localhost, and it works! Anyone figure it out why the game freezes as it is posted into the website?
B

Post » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:29 am

because you didn't export correctly?
because you made some changes that cause error?

post error log?
anything else ?
Sea Monsters template - Isometric
Also includes 40 pages PDF of optimizations and "how-to" for your games, and how the "sea monsters" template was built. Follow link for details :)

sea-monsters-templates-and-assets_t162705
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:02 am

What? No.., it is officially Scirra's demo games, not mine @saiyadjin
I'm using Firefox play this game.
B

Post » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:22 pm

Anyone figure it out why? Please don't left this topic dead..
B

Post » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:29 pm

when the game loads in your browser, hit CTRL + SHIFT + J for the browser consle

You should be able to see error messages there.
Who dares wins
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:27 pm

I've never considered mobile performance of my game (http://www.evglabs.com/starshipcommand) to be a problem. It can get pretty heavy CPU-calculation wise but it doesn't seem to be BAD like I hear a lot of people say.

It even runs fine on my old Droid Bionic, at about ~40 fps. And one of my android testers plays it on a Galaxy Note 4 with no performance problems.

This is using Crosswalk.

I've wondered if the "performance" problems are just over-use of shader effects, personally.
Follow me on Twitter @evgLabs
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:55 pm

Based on @lennaert advice, I have did CTRL-SHIFT-J to launch browser console. And, it was true that there are series of error code lines. Here I post the screenshot in my google drive. Link: drive.google.com/open?id=0BxgSnqqn2F6kV28zTWhlNmRRMDQ
B

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General