Construct 2 Mobile

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:00 am

Sorry to say it, but this is a stupid idea. It would be a waste of time and resources.
Like other people said, you can get a cheap Windows tablet, use Team Viewer or have C2 on a stick and continue your work on any PC.
Also I seriously doubt you can do anything productive on a <5" screen.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:20 am

LOL well again, no need to be negative nor judge whats stupid or not, just something I would love to have on my phone. However your opinon is welcome @TGeorgeMihai. About the waste of time and resources, I'm not sure about that, I believe a lot of us would put it to great use, and would be willing to pay for such app. They say a smartphone is just as smart as the person using it, so you tell me, what can YOU do on a 5" screen??? To some, just check facebook, to others is an extension of their brain.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:45 am

Most Windows tablets only run on arm architecture, which means it won't run C2.
Then there's the whole mouse thing....
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:58 am

Thanks for the info @newt, that makes @KazaaMafia tablet point obsolete :P Well I guess the whole mobile C2 is out of question as well(at least for now) But my message was not say what works or not, or if its stupid, or tangible. It was to say it would be awesome to have something that would help you move faster on your C2 projects while you are away of your main computer, maybe just adding a bit of code, or replacing a sprite, do things that could help you or implement ideas at that particular time and place, rather than wait till you get home to do so. Some of us have full time jobs and not a lot of time to spend on our primary machines to keep the project going. It turns out to be a topic with very divided thoughts
Last edited by arcab072081 on Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:26 pm

it could be nice but they have to make it for touch screen devices and for that they have to change the ui
i guess its might be happening in c3 if they support touch screen and make a ui for that
and i have a t100 tablet and i work with c2 on that but i have to use mouse and keyboard
because c2 dont have touch support for tablets
so i use my tablet like a laptop !
B
S

Post » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:55 pm

TGeorgeMihai wrote:Also I seriously doubt you can do anything productive on a <5" screen.

I agree. Handheld devices aren't for software development. There are some examples, but these apps usually are very limited and not comfortable to work with. Not because the UI design, but because of the device. Would you write your thesis on a phone or tablet with the good designed on-screen keyboard? These devices were mostly designed to consume content with, not to make them.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:57 pm

newt wrote:Most Windows tablets only run on arm architecture, which means it won't run C2.
Then there's the whole mouse thing....

Wrong..

The earlier gen Surface (non Pro) tablet used an ARM processor which is why it was running Windows RT and not a full PC version of Windows 8.1/10 at the time. Windows RT isn't supported anymore for the simple fact, you couldn't run x86 programs and only run programs/apps from the Windows Store. Nobody didn't like that shit.

Most cheap Windows tablets nowadays uses Intel Atom processors.. Which is x86.. I've ran Construct 2 on a cheap Windows tablet that I brought from Best Buy before, so I know what I'm talking about. The only problem was the mouse, but you can just hook up a Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse... So no problems...

Current gen Surface PROs now uses Intel i3,i5,i7
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:52 pm

How much does it cost?
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:06 pm

newt wrote:How much does it cost?

I brought this one from Walmart before, but I gave it to my cousin because he needed something for school. It was surprisingly fast for a Quad Core Atom and the screen was nice size. 10 inch. So this tablet was like the Surface alternative if you can't afford one of those like me :mrgreen: . The one that I had lightup keyboard, but I didn't like the keys on the keyboard. It was well too small for my hands. :mrgreen: It's only $150. It originally had Windows 8.1 on it, but I hated that operating system and had no choice but to use the free upgrade to Windows 10. The version I had a decent storage size on it too. 64 gigs of Flash Store and 2 Gigs of Ram. It ran Construct 2 program and games with no problem. I tested many demos and some of my games on it. The Intel atom uses Intel Graphics Media Accelerator, so that's why it could run decent games at decent FPS.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/46664252?wmls ... 27&veh=sem

If you want something cheaper, then you can get this here.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/digiland-8- ... Id=3478033

Digiland are known for selling cheap Windows tablets. $70 is a good deal, just the screen was too small for my liking when I had this tablet for a short while last year. It ran all Windows programs and a full version of Windows 8.1 and I purchased a Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse and it worked perfectly on it.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:47 pm

I would suggest putting C2 on a stick, and seeing if it runs before you make a purchase, if that's your main goal.
Then check if you can use a mouse with it, because you really do need one for C2. Right click in the editor etc.
Of course Wally world may not like you putting things into their demos, but anyone who gets a commision probably won't argue.

The Raspberry Pi has a version of W10... just saying.

Edit:
Also, C3.
Multiplatform, maybe.
Last edited by newt on Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General