Construct 2 - most wanted

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:45 am

Exporting animation sequences as a sprite sheet - with this we would be able to take all of the sprites of an animation, lasso them, select "export as sprite sheet" and then export.

This would be another useful tool in order for Construct users to pass animations sets--in sequence--to team members who are working in language-based environments like, for example, xna/C#.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:25 pm

[quote="inkBot":3bhqs377]Here's something I'd like to see (maybe even in 1.0?)

Having the sprite be visible while you're working on the collision mask.[/quote:3bhqs377]

why don't you just import a collision mask as well as the sprite itself? or do you mean you are painting the sprite inside construct? While this is possible i guess there are better/faster solutions around, i always thought of it more of a dummy solution to create some testcases or something, nothing too complex.

- From my little experience with construct, i'd agree to the multiplattform exporter, iphone/android as cell platforms, as standalone and browser applet for PC/Mac/Linux, and possible the wiiware,psn,xbl

- a possiblity to preview anims other than clicking from frame to frame or starting the game, especially to check the Hotspot

-more to come when i worked a bit more with it :)
B
G

Post » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:19 am

[quote="Neox":3ijahfq0]why don't you just import a collision mask as well as the sprite itself? or do you mean you are painting the sprite inside construct? While this is possible i guess there are better/faster solutions around, i always thought of it more of a dummy solution to create some testcases or something, nothing too complex.[/quote:3ijahfq0]

Constructs default collision mask uses the same image as the sprite, until you change it. There is to my knowledge no way to import collision masks (Constructs own collision masks that is. Not those created manually by users, using one sprite as a collision mask for another) separately from sprites. For people who use the built in collision mask, being able to see the sprite (preferrably transparent) while collision mask mode is on in the image editor, would make it much easier to get the collision mask the way you want it.

As far as what I use for creating my sprites, I use Graphics Gale, and have so for the better part of some 6 years now.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:15 am

i just did that yesterday, so you can definitely import a collisionmask :)

import a sprite, switch to collisionmask, import again - done
B
G

Post » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:14 pm

I thought of another thing I would like to see. It would be nice to be able to see Event Groups in the debugger, and if they are enabled or not. I think it would be useful for those of us who use groups a lot.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:18 pm

z axis
Animated 3d Obj
3D Camera
Rework th car behavior to make it more realistic
Add "disable user input" in Grid Movement
Customisable Button,listbox,editbox,mesagebox,progress bar...well all windows related stuff.
rework array,hash table editing to make it more easy (edit via a grid)
Add a grid fashion editor for easy rpg making.
Add radial,bilinear,sqare in the gradient Behavior
Add option to xaudio like evaluate freq,tone...
Let us use APNG (Animated PNG) http://animatedpng.com/

Thats all for now
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:30 am

Layer folders similar to those of Photoshop. Would make layer management a breeze.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:17 pm

@ Flags for active objects - (Flag X on or off)
@ Buttons: When i click on Events tab on menu, it will automatically bring me to event sheet editor,
when I click on Layout tab, it bring me to layout editor.
@ Graphics tabs for object's proporties (For now there is too much in one list)
For Common, Effects, Behaviors, etc...
@ When I move an event to down, it make new blue event list.
@ 32 directions
B
G

Post » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:12 pm

I'd like to see Pixel collision for the physics engine.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:38 pm

[quote="HackMan128":1c5jdc25]@ Flags for active objects - (Flag X on or off)

@ 32 directions[/quote:1c5jdc25]

I'm pretty sure Clickteam is responsible for making MMF3, you might want to give them these suggestions :P

Heh, jk... but you can make your own "Flags" very easily by just making a PV that only uses 0 or 1. And you can make your own "directions" with animation angles, and you're not even limited by 32... you can go all the way up to 360 :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General