Construct 2 - most wanted

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:01 pm

* A new and powerful bone editor.
* Subfolders (for objects, layouts, etc)
* A better object bar (it's difficult to manage too many objects)
* Ability to open a detailed window to set up each behavior, effect, attribute. In other words an extended properties bar.
* A fully translatable Construct
* Construct 2 should not let us to make 3d games (don't hit me)
* A way to change controls during game (variables for keys and buttons)
* Something clearer in the event editor to manage all those "pick", "don't pick" things
* Collision groups (an object could be in more than one group, to collide, two objects would need to be in the same group)
* Groups of layers (in order to allow us to apply effects on more than one layer)
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:17 pm

i can't think of much right now, but i saw this in your Russian interview.

[quote:pd5kfnp6]We have some interesting ideas how to make Construct two commercial - but it certainly will be some sort of free version.[/quote:pd5kfnp6]

i request that please if you plan to make Construct 2 commercial, then don't make the free version crippled like the lame GameMaker free version.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:52 pm

I'm still using .62 so if this has already been added, please forgive me:

-Ability to lasso any number of events... then copy and paste them into other layouts.

-This one is nuts... ability to export and then send and receive single layouts between developers, so that you can easily create development teams where everyone can work on one part of the game without having to wait for someone to finish and pass the file around. Then the team leader can receive all layouts and then be able to place those layouts into the main project file.

-Here is another crazy one... how about a feature that lets you tilt things in a 3D-type space like Google Sketchup. It would need to of course maintain a higher picture quality, but think of the possibilities of being able to program events that made the tilt change position and direction based on how the character moves.

New objects that handle popular video game features...

-Custom music track object... This would allow gamers to add their own custom music into the game themselves by selecting it in a game menu and then searching his/her hard drive, and saving the music into the gamesave file. It should be event-based meaning that the programmer can leave it open to the gamer to set the music for any number of -in-game events that the programmer has left open. For example, music that plays for each level, when a player dies, when a player clears a level, finds an item, etc, etc... whatever the programmer leaves open, the gamer can add custom music for it.

*More robust loading capabilities that will not only load objects, sounds, and sprites in other layouts (i.e. you're in layout 1 and it starts loading everything in layout 2), but also gives you visual feedback that it's loading and let's you know when it's fully loaded (with the feedback being able to be turned on or off optionally by the programmer).

*Layout Replay feature- this would be great for sports games. The featute would allow you to set it to where it will replay what just happened in the layout automatically (auto-replay) or by the user pressing a button to call up hiw own replay (user replay), all of which would adhering to the angle, position, speed, camera on sprite, with or without audo from that layout... and the programmer can set the beginning and ending points (i.e., I could set it to where the replay plays only from the point where the ball was kicked, and stops when the ball hits the net or goes out of bounds, etc).

User Button mapping- This would let the gamer easily reconfigure the button commands the programmer has set.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:56 pm

-Ability to paste sprites and text to other sprites with either a snap-on function in the layout editor (see Wix.Com's website editor, it has this function and it's great), or inside the picture editor... and still be able to separate the images whenever we want.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:10 am

-Ability to tilt and/rotate text boxes with your mouse inside the layout editor, the same way we can with graphic assets.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:17 am

Do away with the object bar and allow to drag object out object folder.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:40 am

Lots of great stuff.

I won't quote all of MrMiller's, but I love it and there are two in particular that would put Construct in a higher echelon. Export for XNA, and the ability to export and pass around individual layouts.
B
G

Post » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:01 pm

[quote="MrMiller":2klpqlgn]
New objects that handle popular video game features...

-Custom music track object... This would allow gamers to add their own custom music into the game themselves by selecting it in a game menu and then searching his/her hard drive, and saving the music into the gamesave file. It should be event-based meaning that the programmer can leave it open to the gamer to set the music for any number of -in-game events that the programmer has left open. For example, music that plays for each level, when a player dies, when a player clears a level, finds an item, etc, etc... whatever the programmer leaves open, the gamer can add custom music for it.

User Button mapping- This would let the gamer easily reconfigure the button commands the programmer has set.[/quote:2klpqlgn]
You can do the first one thru events, if I remember (I usually don't) ill post an example later. Pm me if its really important to remind me

And if you're using 9962 like you said, there's a custom controls pl,ugin that let's you do the second one, though changes to the latest version make it so it doesn't work with 9992
Though I may make a new version sometime this year that works in the latest version,, maybe also with directinput controls as well
Spriter Dev
B
S
G

Post » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:20 pm

Daydream mode on.
Advanced Physics!
So the ususal stuff : softbody physics, some sort of 2d "digital molecular matter"[url:184ka9n8]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Molecular_Matter[/url:184ka9n8], splitting, and all that fancy destruction stuff we all like to watch.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:05 pm

-Abilty to lasso and change the individual frame speed of a group of frames in the animation editor --- if you use a lot of frames per animation group, then you know that having to click on each one and set it individually can be nerve-racking.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General