Construct 2 on Mac OSX

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Wed May 29, 2013 5:16 pm

After I buy parallels, do I have to buy a copy of a window OS?

Perhaps a better question is their a Mac OS program that runs windows programs without having to run Microsoft software?

I have access to my mac right now, but my friend is using my PC for a project for 6 months. BurningWood2013-05-29 17:21:26
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 29, 2013 7:11 pm

@burningwood you would need a copy of windows yes.

I am not aware of any way to get microsoft programs to work without the use of installing windows on a mac via either boot camp or virtual machines.
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 29, 2013 7:18 pm

I'm trying Wine Bottler right now, this may do the trick, if it does, I may create a new forum and post my findings on Google+
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:47 pm

@BurningWood Any luck with the WineBottler? I tried installing it using WineBottler. The installation went through successfully. It also created the Construct2.app. But, when I tried to open it, Construct 2 popped up a message saying:

"A debugger has been found in your system. Construct 2 does not support being run inside a debugger. Please close the debugger and try again."

Any idea how to fix this?

P.S. I already run Notepad++ using WineBottler and everything works fine.
B
S

Post » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:22 am

@Tanayshah, Here's the big problem I'm having, you have to install the proper windows drivers, which by defualt lead me to microsoft, and thus they want to verfy my windows PC, which is problem in many ways.

How do you get the wall I hit, in wine bottler, you have install the drives by clicking on them while making the app. Hopefully the creator of this program will adress the "driver" issue. Which, I'm guessing is the problem.

I hope this helps...
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:22 am

@BurningWood My current solution is to run Construct 2 inside VirtualBox wherein I've installed WinXP. I purposely installed XP simply cuz it gives me better performance. Everything works really well this way. However, I still want to somehow run Construct2 directly on my Mac and not go via VirtualBox.

I see that you're facing some driver issues but I'm not sure whether this is when you install WineBottler or when you try installing an .exe using WineBottler. Please clarify. I directly install Windows Programs by clicking on the .exe file and it opens up in WineBottler, where I create an .app file for it to run on Mac. Currently, I have Notepad++ and Gimp running successfully using WineBottler.

For the debugger issue, I hope @Ashley or someone else can help.
B
S

Post » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:40 am

Hi,

I use Construct 2 for our company web site animation and i was just testing it out in one of our Mac machine in the office and the whole page just did not come out ...

It is a Blank Page on a OS X 10.5.8 with the default Safari that came with the said Mac desktop.

Please advise, Thank you.

Vins
www.leiron.be
B
S

Post » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:05 am

[QUOTE=vinsky2007] Hi,

It is a Blank Page on a OS X 10.5.8 with the default Safari that came with the said Mac desktop.

[/QUOTE]

Safari won't work. Chrome will definitely work. Firefox is hit or miss (I think some audio messes up)
B
S
G

Post » Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:28 am

hi dears...
Wondering if this engine has a Mac version?
tnx
B

Post » Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:48 am

Nope it does not.

However, I have heard that if the staff increases at Scirra, then they will consider getting some one to do a Mac port. until then though don't hold your breath.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General