Construct 2 on Steam?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:29 pm

Was pretty surprised to see gamemaker on there. I had heard that it didn't play too nice with steam for a while.... perhaps their willingness to fix that, is what helped them out... or Valve helped them out. It makes sense for for either one to happen now that green light is live giving indie games a better chance.

Gmaker is on there pushing their steam support. 3d coat is pushing their Team Fortess 2 export. 3d mark is obvious benchmarking standard. Then theres art rage, a rather inexpensive art app that could relate to various parts of game and game fan art. Their all Valve, Steam or Steam community friendly.

Maybe that is what C2 needs... someway for it to play nice with steam and make games that can be ran in steam... a traditional windows exe
with the support needed without any third party tools to export it. Additionally it would need all the bells and whistles of steam intergration. That would also help grab their attention.

If C2/html5 is the future; then steam is currently the bridge to it. Its time to put a sign on the bridge so people know how to get there.
B
S

Post » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:57 am

Yeah I also did that.

They said to check out:

http://steamcommunity.com/greenlight
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:28 am

I've only seen indication that Green Light is for games not "software".
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:27 am

I already got GameMaker: Studio Steam Version, i believe i already understood how GameMaker made it their, if you guys didn't noticed yet, the gamemaker studio on steam is special version that integrated very well with steam, and also have special export to steam workshop, i believe every softwares on steam already have direct or indirect integration with steam features.

construct 2 deserve to be their as long as integrated somehow with steam features and have direct export to workshop, with new awesomium release recently, i see it promising to be their hopefully soon.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:50 pm

Why would you buy that overpriced s**tware prinsukun :o
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:31 pm

I only paid 79$ for GM-HTML5 and that was 2011-septmber, yoyogames so generous if you are an old gamemaker user who bought their products, so i was lucky back than and i was active to not miss the chance, same what happens for C2 early adopter.

so later GM-HTML5 became absolute product when Studio released, so i got free copy of Studio/MAC/EXE, and yesterday i got another free key for the steam version, worth mention GM is amazing if you learn and use GML to make your games.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:30 pm

[QUOTE=Schoening] Why would you buy that overpriced s**tware prinsukun :o[/QUOTE]

You're free to have your own opinion about it, but let's not throw insults. There are plenty of people who like GM, and outsiders reading posts in our community dissing a program they enjoy isn't going to get them to try out c2, and makes those same people think our community isn't as friendly as it is. :)Arima2012-10-06 17:31:21
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General