Construct 2 - Realistic State after 1 gazilion downloads

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:45 am

kenzonico wrote:Some of you guys believe you can have all this...

1- A cheap solution (yes C2 is really cheap considering the updates and how the scene is moving fast).
2- Not learning programming in c#, java or js, everything must be click and drop.
3- An intelligent assistant to tell you how to do events correctly and how to not use 5000px sprites for mobile.
4- Push a button and magically it will export to all possible mobile devices with a perfect fps, with feature parity (and multiplayer too! ).

I understand the hope, but you have to be realistic in your expectations, even if it is hard to accept : you can't have it all today.
To make a polished and fun game in the mobile world today, it is a lot work or experience, or everyone would be able to do it.

And the comment "pay 10k to make exporter to iOS, android", is naive at best...that about the min. monthly salary of a capable developer. If it takes years to millions-dollars-funded companies to create exporters, it is probably going to take a lot more than a month to one developer.

The only thing I expect is what Scirra says their tool can do on their pages. It's not living up to that promise.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:01 am

@spy84, pretty much all the best users from MMF2 have moved on or are moving on from it because it's such a pain to work with. Dungeon Dasher's for instance will probably only end up working on their Windows Exporter, whereas with C2 it's guaranteed to at least work on Windows and Mac.

Clickteam basically decided almost a decade ago, to stop improving MMF2 and focus on exporters. Which is like if Ashley decided to stop developing Construct 2 at release 45 and then only developed exporters. (Although they did finally realise after seeing Scirra's excellent design that they should at least start making MMF3 which they've been doing for a couple of years, which is aiming to be similar to C2 in some ways.)
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:06 am

I've had to delete some strongly worded posts in this thread, please keep it reasonable and know that people of all ages visit this website
Image Image
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:20 am

bremen wrote: I only spend $5 a day advertising my app on the Play store, and I may get 1 download a day lol. But if I spent say $500 a day I would have alot more downloads,

You spend $5 per day for 1 download?? That's almost $2k per year.
Your advertising budget isn't your problem. Me thinks you need to reconsider your advertising approach, because this is a woeful waste of money.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:56 am

@Aurora Australis
That $5 is for Admob and Facebook. Which I actually think they create false clicks, cause I'll have 20 clicks i have to pay for and no downloads. If there's a better option I'm more then interested in hearing about it.
Please Support Ocean Explorer.
http://igg.me/p/735007/x/6915815
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:12 am

@Tom

on Construct 2 homepage * is only next to iOS [ * via CocoonJS ]

Why not next to Android?

Crosswalk is still beta
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:30 am

@alspal they released fusion 2.5.but its expensive for my economical status...

@szymek +1
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:38 am

Not to sound rude or anything, but I do think some people here would do better if they focused less on how to make money from their games, and more on how to make their games better. If you've bought C2 expecting to get rich quick by flooding the app stores with clones, you're gonna have a bad time.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:10 am

@lolpaca
how you come to this conclusion?that some people bought c2 to get rich by flooding the app stores with clones?what is the definition of clone?if you mean games like flappy bird you are right its a bad idea.i build for example a horizontal space shooter like rtype and for months i make blender 3d my best friend.too much work and a lot of learning process via tutorials.But if someone clones something and make it decent why not?there are good clones and bad copies. Oddplanet is veeeery inspired by limbo we can say that is a clone of it, LAD game also is a clone.its not a bad thing.If they are decent why not?
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:31 am

@spy84 I wasn't talking about anyone or any game in particular, sorry if it came across like that! There just seems to be a lot of talk about monetising, advertising etc on the boards, but sometimes when I click through to play the game in question it's either in need of a *lot* of polishing, or it's a very simple clone game that already exists 1000 times over. It sometimes feels like people are putting the cart before the horse a little bit.

Anyway, I've just realised this isn't really relevant to the main topic which was about exporting, so I'll shut up :P
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General