Construct 2 - Realistic State after 1 gazilion downloads

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:56 pm

@pennaneac - just code your games natively and you should have no problem. In a year or two, either the ejecta ios exporter or the crosswalk for ios exporter, in conjunction with fast hardware will be able to run large sized games at enough speed. node webkit and crosswalk already offer good solutions, and these solutions are only a few months old.

for now i am using c2 for prototypes and web games, but who knows what will happen by the end of 2014
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:30 pm

Games wouldn't necessarily have to be portable from one exporter to the other. Even if you'd opt for them to be (which makes sense but isn't completely necessary) there's no reason you'd have to guarantee everything works the same after changing such a fundamental aspect of your game. A disclaimer that it might, and probably will break many features because of innate differences in the languages would be fine. Any one who wants to port would have to pick out those small bugs and eventually you'd have enough information about what they are to fix them.

A lot of people would be perfectly happy just having a native exporter, even if it meant they had to re-code lots of their game to port it to html5.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:14 pm

The Ejecta thing seems promising (ugh I have no mac :( ) for iOS since scirra will have some control over improving it since it's open source. Maybe something will come of that. I'll check on it in a few months see how it's doing.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General