Construct 2 Splash Screen

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:29 pm

@AnD4D all our logos are available in the press kit:
https://www.scirra.com/press-kit

No specific "Powered by" logos though I'm afraid!
Image Image
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:40 pm

@Tom, yup, that's what I used to create my logo:

@bearboxmedia
www.bearboxmedia.com

Nintendo Wii U Developer using Construct 2
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:06 am

For the MMO I am launching in half a year, I have C2's logo in the Credits section (front end engine) and my own backend logic engine right next to it :D
B
G

Post » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:07 pm

For the whole "why make users wait?" deal, why not just allow it to be skipped with any input? Or make use of it by, like someone else mentioned, preloading objects/sounds/& whathaveyou?
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:38 pm

I like to keep any unnecessary stuff away from the user, but at the same time like to give credit where due.

So I include a credits screen that can be viewed by the user IF THEY want to.

The credit screen is a rolling text type thingy like you get at the end of movies and such. Before the credits start rolling it shows several logos all displayed using the fade in behaviour. Currently in this order: 1) Our logo. 2) HTML5 logo. 3) Contruct2 logo. 4) Our game title. 5) Our web site address.

When they finish the text credits start rolling. The text also include reference to HTML5 and a 'This game was created using Construct2, the coolest game making software out there' and a plug for Ashley and Tom pointing Scirra.com.

To me this gives credit where due, a plug for those that made it possible, but at the same time it is non-invasive.

AnD4D wrote:@Tom, although I've made one of my own, do you happen to have a "Powered By Construct 2" logo?

Yeah it would be nice to have an official 'powered by' logo.
If it can be done, someone on the web will show you how to do it!

CDASI Games Mentality Break Splat-a-bug FlapFleet Challenge
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General