construct 2 steam worst purchase of my life

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:06 pm

I'm sorry if we haven't been able to immediately respond to any support emails - there are only two of us who look at emails and we've both been having some time off over the holidays. We should have announced this before taking the time off, so my apologies. If it is urgent you can contact me directly at [email protected]

We provide a free edition of Construct 2 on both Steam and directly from our site so you can test out the features and see how it works, and make sure it works smoothly. For the vast majority of our customers we understand Construct 2 is pretty stable, but in some circumstances buggy graphics card drivers can cause crashes. There's not much we can do about that since it's the graphics card vendor who has written broken code, not us.

All content on Steam - the entire catalogue of games and apps - are tied to Steam and require Steam to be running for the game or app to run. This is normal for all Steam content and is enforced by Valve. However if you don't use Steam, it's a good reason to buy it directly from us instead of from Steam. Since Valve handle all authentication and payment for games and apps on the Steam store, I'm afraid we also cannot help with any refund requests - they will have to go via Valve.

I'd encourage everyone to try out the Free edition before thinking about making a purchase - that's what it's there for and giving it a try for a few days before buying should hopefully avoid any surprises.

Edit: I'd also add the Steam version is absolutely identical to the one available from our site in terms of features - it's only the licensing that is different and handled via Steam instead of our usual license file. You can also get beta releases with the Steam version as described here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/227240/discussions/0/810923021602340037/Ashley2013-12-27 14:15:32
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:13 pm

Try to disable the steam community for Construct 2, maybe this is causing your instabilities.
Whats wrong with updating through steam? If you want beta updates, switch to beta in steam.mindfaQ2013-12-27 14:14:07
Visual Novel 'Engine' in 100 Events
if you ever have to choose between buying Construct 2 on scirra.com or on Steam, read this: Review
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:53 pm

or purchased on steam just because it was discount , but I did not imagine never ever that the version sold on Steam was different from the one sold to you, that the steam version does not have an executable file and an executable that is independent but works through steam, in this misled many others who bought constructor 2 on steam, believing to receive a package just like normal when it was purchased by the manufacturer's official website
I had already tried it and I liked the constructor 2 bought for it, the only thing that got me out of steam and was aquistare discount constructor 2 personal edition
or try the free version downloaded from this site and it works perfectly, the problem is not a hardware or software but the problem is that the version of the constructor sold on steam unstable

There are many other users who have commented on this issue, ie What version of constructor 2 Sold by steam and unstable

it also says that many have tried to download the version from the official site to try to use that but suddenly after installing the steam license is canceled
I bought constructor 2 because I like that interests me and I do not want a refund but a version with a normal executable file and a of personal activation code version

you can release me an activation code that I can enter to activate a normal version of construcor 2 downloaded from your site?
copies sold on steam for constructor 2 are your property or steam?Francesco2013-12-27 16:15:09
B

Post » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:04 pm

I'm afraid we cannot issue Steam refunds since Valve handle all payments. If you want to transfer to the standalone version you should request a refund from Steam and then purchase again directly from us. Again, both versions are absolutely identical in terms of features, except in how they handle licensing, which is a mandatory requirement imposed by Valve and is the same for all software listed on the Steam store.

We previously had a stability issue that affected a minority of users; we worked to address it and we believe the issue was fixed. AFAIK this is the first case of stability issues on the Steam version we've heard of since r152. The most common cause of stability issues are buggy graphics card drivers. It's also possible the problem is caused by Steam - have you tried disabling features like the "in-game community"?Ashley2013-12-27 17:07:06
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:46 pm

sincerely, i bought and use a lot trough all the day my C2 personal edition from steam and don't have any issues. I use the free version too. always the stable one to accompany my personal edition, that way i can open more than one game at a time and copy things or chek things between then. so i dont see any issues using the steam version. you just need to check your system i think.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:07 pm

the problem of instability and due to steam, so also claim other users
the version of the constructor 2 released from steam can be saved on a disk or memory unit, to be reinstalled in the future?

if steam were to close or go bankrupt how can I re-download my version and activate the license personal edition of I constructor 2?
B

Post » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:56 am

I confirm i also have the same problem with version 2 of constructor purchased from steam
the constructor 2 quits unexpectedly during use
immediate negative vote steam for construct 2
Steam version of junk
B

Post » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:14 am

I think everyone knows my views on the steam version of construct 2. I had huge amount of issues and zero help from steam. Steam was not ment to run software applications. Games yes, but not software.
In the end I upgraded to business version on scirra and haven't had a single problem since. (okay, one license issue, but that was C2 reverting to free edition - fixed now) All, in all the scirra version has been pure joy.

The two software's might be identical, but both offer completely different user experiences. My machine is the constant(nothing changed here), and C2 steam still crashes etc all the time. Whilst scirra version has ZERO problems. So issue lies on steams side and they told me in as few words. "They don't care. They are not going to fix it. No they don't offer refunds."

I have said it continuously - DON'T BUY STEAM VERSION. But, folks keep saying they don't have issues, and I am an exception. Well, if I can save 1 other exception the HUGE SH1T I went through - then so be it. DON'T BUY STEAM. SUPPORT SCIRRA - IT IS WORTH THE EXTRA $$$

Edit: SIDENOTE - Warning, steam deleted a lot of the negative FORUM POSTS on the CONSTRUCT 2 discussion thread. There were a couple of forum posts saying don't buy because of xyz (they are gone now)
I lost a lot of posts there too because I commented within somebodys topic and they wiped whole topic.DUTOIT2013-12-28 10:29:13
You think you can do these things, but you can't, Nemo!
Just keep reading.
Just keep learning.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:52 am

[QUOTE=Francesco]immediately placed on steam a negative vote on the program constructor 2 and I was not the only
or also requested an immediate refund via paypal [...] constructor 2?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=xanur]constructor
immediate negative vote steam for construct 2
Steam version of junk[/QUOTE]

Multiaccount? ^^
You know that by raging around you won't reach your target (refund) any better but instead annoy the people that have to deal with you, making success less likely :D.
Visual Novel 'Engine' in 100 Events
if you ever have to choose between buying Construct 2 on scirra.com or on Steam, read this: Review
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:52 pm

the person who commented immediately after and a user who ha bought from steam or informed that he could go to this site to expose her discomfort
not much or no problem in paying through paypal and open a dispute for the uninitiated paypal protection purchaser in all respects in the next few days I'll get my linters sum of money
what is most shameful and strangely the negative votes were canceled out of steam, it was full of negative bolts in the constructor section 2 steam
and this one thing really unfair and unjust like a scam, people have a right to know what is if you bought
I and other people are spreading rumors affiche money to other poor people are not thrown into a product of poor quality and poorly functioning not that bad
B

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General