Construct 2 touch/stylus issues.

Report Construct 2 bugs here.

Post » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:22 pm

@tunepunk

It is actually a common issue across the board (other stylus') with multiple programs. I wish C2 fixed it, but yeah I get you.

I still don't know how you use C2 with no keyboard. I used a Surface Pro with C2, exact same usage, laying down on my belly lol[/quote]

C2 is super easy with no keyboard, as you get suggestions of objects expressions and anything as you type. If you noticed when you are entering something in a field in the Event Sheet, there's a small transparent window close by, where you can pick objects with expressions, so you don't really have to type anything. And if you do, the screen keyboard is good enough. Everything is just a few clicks away, so that's why I like working with a stylus in C2.

I don't know if they had stylus in mind when they designed C2, but it's genious. Only flaw is the right click thingy.[/quote]

I am sure it works...I tried it before without keyboard but was very limited and slow. I do a lot of functions when I use C2, so a physical keyboard rocks. I do find myself switching between mouse and stylus a lot at my desk depending on what I am doing. It is nice to switch it up.

C2 came before stylus' were really being used commonly (even now, they are not *that* common). It would be nice if it was Stylus friendly. I know of other products I used that took awhile to catch up. One version of Unity was completely unusable on Surface Pros due to scaling and stylus issues, but it caught up now. Photoshop was pretty hard to use ironically enough too.

Since I always use a keyboard when using a stylus with C2, it does not bug me. But for you it might not be easiest. you could still use the ctrl-right click trick with an on-screen keyboard.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:48 pm

I double-checked and in the Construct 2 editor it handles the normal Windows context menu event. So if the stylus does not fire a context menu event, C2 won't show a context menu. I don't know if the stylus is intentionally not firing that event if it's supposed to show context menus. I think you should report this to Microsoft or the stylus manufacturer...
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:51 pm

@Ashley. It could be a windows 10 bug, but a lot of other softwares fire the right click context menu on tap & hold which is the standard right click equivalent when using touch, not only stylus.

For example. Photoshop handles the tap&hold in the interface but not on the canvas (by design) so it must be something that has to be supported by the software i guess. My FTP software handles tap&hold, intel XDK is not very touch friendly but fires context menu on tap & hold. Maya handles tap&hold also. When it fires the circle touch indicator will turn to a sqare. I suggest buying or borrowing a touch enabled win 10 device to test it.
Follow my progress on Twitter
or in this thread Archer Devlog
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:59 pm

Construct 2 doesn't do anything special regarding context menus though, AFAIK - it attaches to the same events that Windows fires to all apps.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:06 pm

Ashley wrote:Construct 2 doesn't do anything special regarding context menus though, AFAIK - it attaches to the same events that Windows fires to all apps.

Hi Ashley,

If you use a stylus right click, it has issues. Many programs have to manually create this event. It does not work in many applications until the application handles it correctly.

Sorry I cannot help more than that.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:24 am

It does work ONLY IF you press the button, then touch stylus to screen, hold for a few seconds, then release stylus from screen and button simultaneously. But that's not how it should work. I would love it if something could be done about this.
Play Ball Walker App Store | Google Play | Amazon
B
S

Post » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:57 am

2 finger operations like pinch for zoom, and scroll with 2 fingers works in the layout view, so it's a bit touch friendly already. ;)
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:44 am

agreed, definitely touch friendly, but support for stylus would make it more awesome!
Play Ball Walker App Store | Google Play | Amazon
B
S

Post » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:24 pm

@Ashley I Found this. I dont know if it's of any help but worrh to check out, regarding the touch/stylus issues in win 10.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd371581(v=vs.85).aspx
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:54 pm

Found some more links that might help in resolving the issue.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd940543(v=vs.85).aspx

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms703320(v=vs.85).aspx

Hope this can resolved. Making games in horizontal mode is great on Sunday mornings when you just don't wanna get out of bed.

Seems like you specifically have to listen for.
ISG_HOLDENTER
ISG_RIGHTTAP

WM_RBUTTONDOWN and WM_RBUTTONUP sent when right click occurs (when pen is lifted).
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Bugs