Construct 2 vs RPG maker?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:26 am

if you know java and are willing to reverse engineer rpg maker mv - then you can write plugins for it to add unique gameplay to your game. But it is much more difficult to do than putting together a bunch of event sheet events in c2
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:03 am

RPGMaker pretty great, by my previous experience with it.
As long as your focus in the story and choices, you can work quite fast in the software.

Too bad I am interested in making srpg though, so it is unsuitable for me for now.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:34 pm

@ryanrybot - Yes. I will try to ask RPG Maker forum when I try to learn it.

@blurymind - Well I have no knowledge about Java. So that's out of my hands. Are you sure it is Java not Javascript?

@Sethmaster - I can also see that your type of game is too complex for RPG Maker. BTW if you scale it from 1 to 10 by how fast you learned the program if 5 is "Construct 2" what would be your scale for RPG Maker MV? Just want to know if I have enough time to learn RPG Maker XD . Thanks.
The Things you can create is only limited by your imagination. If you don't have the skills then use your motivation as a natural force to exceed all expectations. Chadori RebornXD
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:00 pm

sorry - my mistake. It is in fact java script
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:54 am

chadorireborn wrote:@ryanrybot - Yes. I will try to ask RPG Maker forum when I try to learn it.

@blurymind - Well I have no knowledge about Java. So that's out of my hands. Are you sure it is Java not Javascript?

@Sethmaster - I can also see that your type of game is too complex for RPG Maker. BTW if you scale it from 1 to 10 by how fast you learned the program if 5 is "Construct 2" what would be your scale for RPG Maker MV? Just want to know if I have enough time to learn RPG Maker XD . Thanks.

By the standard you set, I would say the speed I learn about RPG Maker functionality would be a perfect 10.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:49 pm

The main new thing in MV is the way they build hydroencephalitic headed cartoonish animation figures by adjusting the ears, the eyebrows and etc etc etc. They use 48x48 sprites now instead of 32x32. They also have side view combat back again.

You download other peoples javascript addins, same as for c2. MV runs HTML5 so the game can come directly off a website, no installation (just like c2). C2 is far more powerful than MV, but its going to be harder to learn.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:08 pm

@Sethmaster - Thanks for providing me the rating scale.

@winkr7 - Wow, I did'nt know that they had that side-combat feature. I like C2 for any type of game but for this, I think I'd rather choose RPG Maker. But only for RPG games.
The Things you can create is only limited by your imagination. If you don't have the skills then use your motivation as a natural force to exceed all expectations. Chadori RebornXD
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:44 am

Give it a go and see for yourself. I did use the 2003 and XP versions a long ago, but I prefer to have the option to create anything I want. I just find RPG Maker too limited for my taste.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General