Construct 2 Website - My Professional Webpage!

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:09 am

And one more thing - try to do something with window resizing. When i make it smaller to see how it looks the screen went black and had to refresh the page
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:11 am

[QUOTE=shinkan] And one more thing - try to do something with window resizing. When i make it smaller to see how it looks the screen went black and had to refresh the page[/QUOTE]

Oh, i'm aware of that. I think i can fix it, when Object Grouping is implemented >_>
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:47 am

[QUOTE=Kabraxis]There's so many people are creating their personal websites completely with Flash for a way back.[/QUOTE]
This was never encouraged by usability experts. That's an old article from 2000 - some of the stuff has improved a little since then. Basically we're happy people like making websites in Construct 2, but we are first and foremost developing a game creation tool, not a web design tool.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:59 am

Built in Website specific tools Would make construct 2 a more versatile tool and attract a much larger group of people who would purchase it! I know web development is not its main or intended purpose but never the less it would be Awesome to see more web features added to Construct 2, possibly it's own web features button on the top, just a suggestion and I anticipate the future of all construct 2 will have to offer! ;P
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:41 am

I totally agree, and honestly, I think like the early days of Flash, web developers will see the great utility in tools such as Construct and use it for web development projects.

The thing is though, I don't think any focus needs to be taken off of gaming. Rather, web developers seeking to achieve videogame type effects can simply use those tools already being made available for Construct.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:02 pm

Hey !

Good idea, but with Chrome and a 1680x1050 resolution it's like i don't see all the main page, the right side is cut !
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:39 pm

Dang this is actually very interesting to me. I might try this with my art portfolio, that way I can show good resolution samples without people right clicking and downloading my art for distributing illegally. I normally use a watermark, but those are easy to photoshop out if someone is determined enough.
B
G

Post » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:30 pm

[QUOTE=ChickWithGuns] Dang this is actually very interesting to me. I might try this with my art portfolio, that way I can show good resolution samples without people right clicking and downloading my art for distributing illegally. I normally use a watermark, but those are easy to photoshop out if someone is determined enough.[/QUOTE]

That might dissuade the casual ripper, but as easy as it is to open an image editor and change a few pixels, its even easier to open up the browsers cache, where the images are already on the would-be thief's computer.
Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:24 pm

Thanks for feedback! ^^

I think I can fix both black screen issue and this after a while *-*
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:21 am

Nicely done there, however, I have to agree, using canvas for a website is a no-no, take this advice from someone who's been doing web design and development for 5+ years ;)

However, like someone said on this thread, don't rule out the possibility to use canvas where it can be most powerful, someone suggested a gallery, you can build one of them pretty easily using canvas, or using C2.

What someone looks for on a webpage is how fluid the website is, all websites have to look professional, and whilst yours does, it still lacks basic input, like Tom said before, 'Copy & Paste' is a big factor, and also right click, not many people would right click on a website, unless they were to save an image or something else, but you can take this feature out with standard javascript anyway.

Anyhow, with that said, nice job on the website, and I spotted a little error for you ;) - When you cycle through the pages and go back to services, your text needs a little indentation from the left of the screen, here's a screenshot just to show you.

Have fun!BlakeRey2011-10-22 06:37:42
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Completed Creations