Construct 2 - what would you take away?

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:51 pm

The layout object has been an issue for quite some time.
I mean sure it would be nice to have, but stuff like that, the menus, and the project folders just hurt more than they help.
Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:11 pm

[quote="Cloud_GL":hhf3rqsq]Mmmm... maybe the image editor? At least in my case I prefer to use the gimp or others to paint or draw... mmm... but then how to make control points and those things?... mmm...[/quote:hhf3rqsq]

I would almost positively never use Construct again if that happened. The editor is so useful for quickly tweaking and testing frames inside the game environment (which is the best place to test animations). If anything, the editor should be treated with improvements.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:23 pm

Or at least replace it with an existing open-source image/animation editing tool. Integrated. There's powerful stuff out there that is used in other projects. Don't reinvent the wheel, I say.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:30 pm

[quote="Mipey":97f1tmio]Or at least replace it with an existing open-source image/animation editing tool. Integrated. There's powerful stuff out there that is used in other projects. Don't reinvent the wheel, I say.[/quote:97f1tmio]

If possible, G!MP integration would be sick.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:08 pm

[quote="Mipey":3g5slxnw]Random crashes, project file corruption. :roll:[/quote:3g5slxnw]

Same here :mrgreen:
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:33 pm

While the image editor is useful for quick prototypes, I always end up using it for stickmen or smileys or such (besides the obligatory hotspot and image point setting), as it's limited and rather buggy. I'd like to see a really really basic bug-free image editor (just color picker and brush+fill tools would do) and integration with Synfig (an animation tool) or Gimp (don't really like it but bleh) or Photoshop (guy can dream :D )
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:00 pm

the image editor is pretty good for what it is, it just needs to be able to handle large pictures better and the selection tool shouldn't do that weird hard to understand selection that shows a pixel off.

I have no idea why someone would want to outright remove something thats one of the fastest prototyping tools in construct.

the ability to use layers and clipping masks would go a long way in making it better, and some better brush controls as well.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:03 pm

either improve upon the image editor or maybe have an option to easily edit stuff with photoshop, i mean automatically opening on it or having some kind of bridge to make it easy
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:49 am

Application projects.

Also I'm against removing the image editor because we'll always have to worry about hot spots and action points and stuff. Its better to exist and be crappy than to not exist at all since we're going to need to interact with sprites anyways. In theory it sounds good but in practice I think it would be a mess.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:06 pm

[quote="Cloud_GL":1f33k2nq]Mmmm... maybe the image editor? At least in my case I prefer to use the gimp or others to paint or draw... mmm... but then how to make control points and those things?... mmm...[/quote:1f33k2nq]

Please no. I use the image editor very often.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct Classic Discussion