Construct 2 worth buying?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:51 am

Artpunk wrote:@Silverforce When you say you get outstanding performance on iOS, what kind of Apple devices are you testing on? For me its the other way around, I get excellent performance on my new Nexus 5X but on my older iPhone5 I get slower performance.

Google software for HTML5 is better. Newer iPhone/iPad hardware is usually better. That's why.
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:02 am

You have to understand the Nexus 5X is vastly more powerful than the iPhone 5 in terms of hardware. You need iPhone 5S or more recent to be comparable even to the first Nexus 5 (The X is even more powerful).

I test on iPad Mini 2, iPad Air 1 and iPhone 6 Plus, these are my development devices. I also test on iPhone 5S borrowing it from friends and the like and it's also been great.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:24 am

@zapmore If you ever get stuck with exporting, just create a topic on the forums and you'll get help for sure. I myself didn't use any plugins for my mobile projects, so I can safely say that exporting a game without those plugins works like a charm.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:32 am

Silverforce wrote:You have to understand the Nexus 5X is vastly more powerful than the iPhone 5 in terms of hardware.

Yes of course, I understand that. I was just curious to know how powerful the iOS devices were that you were testing on to get outstanding performance. I haven't had the chance to test on iPhone6 yet, Im hoping performance will be as smooth the Nexus.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:04 am

Artpunk wrote:
Silverforce wrote:You have to understand the Nexus 5X is vastly more powerful than the iPhone 5 in terms of hardware.

Yes of course, I understand that. I was just curious to know how powerful the iOS devices were that you were testing on to get outstanding performance. I haven't had the chance to test on iPhone6 yet, Im hoping performance will be as smooth the Nexus.

Smoother. 60 fps lock with even less CPU utilization than on Android.

Need to enable WKWebView, I use Intel XDK for iOS.

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1088622798

Btw, the regular iPhone 6 is about as powerful on hardware as the Nexus 5. The iPhone 6 Plus is even faster.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General