Construct 3 any news?

Post » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:42 am

Oh, thanks for showing me I will give it a test. I did not know about this feature.

Cant really optimise the game much further than I have it just has many thousands of frames of animation. Each layout isn't that big but the initial game load takes a while.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:38 am

@mapmerry , an other thing you could try is to link the values you are fiddling with temporary variables and build a system to dynamically change the values within the preview, for example, with sliders or textbox objects.

It takes some to setup, but in the end you will fine tune the values in realtime!

-edit- made a little example capx. The Variables here are redundant actually, since the values are stored in the sliders anyway.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/15isd7kg0rieg ... .capx?dl=0
composer - multimedia artist
www.eli0s.com/en/
B
S
G

Post » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:38 pm

Yura G wrote:Another bunch of suggestions for Construct 3:
  1. Include Nape Physics engine beside Box2D
  2. Vector graphic objects beside sprites - Like in flash, with outlines, points and curves... Also shape-tween between key frames could add a lot.
  3. Some kind of Timeline - it could help to add cutscenes, intro animations, and much more without using too much code.
  4. Layers in image editor
  5. Possibility to add multiple object types (Text, Spriter, Particles... ) in one family, and of course when you addressing the family, you only could call mutual actions of those types (Set angle, set opacity, etc...) and family behaviors...
  6. Add option to add JavaScript code in "Add action" section, in a simple text editor, instead of in Browser>executeJS in a small window by using lots of escape characters (because all the text should be in quotes).

I second
- Better tweening support (as in your timeline suggestion). Could even just have a tween behavior, such as LunArrays plugin.
- Better container or object parenting system.
- JavaScript eventsheet action.
B
S

Post » Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:23 am

It seems that Game Maker is going to release a big update in November.

https://twitter.com/YoYoGames/status/792003003947454464
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:11 pm

Basically all competitors are releasing new major versions soon.

Game Maker Studio 2 coming in November
Time2MeetYourMaker

ClickTeam Fusion 3 is coming spring 17
Fusion 3 blog

Spark tools is coming soonish
Spark site

Godot 3.0 is coming early 2017 with visual scripting
Godot twitter

SuperPowers has just realesed 3.0
SuperPowers site

When are we going to get some information about C3 development?
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:19 pm

The more tools, the better :) I'll probably be testing a lot of them to see how they stack up against each other.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:54 pm

neverk wrote:Basically all competitors are releasing new major versions soon.

Spark tools is coming soonish
Spark site

Well, so far they have produced a nice amount of.. vapor. ;)
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:29 pm

@Eisenhans
Very true. I like my vapor served cold ;)
Hopefully we get some info about C3 timetable before other new tools start to roll out...
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:26 pm

Nah, I think Scirra should let them do the first step.
Would be good to see what those "praised" new versions/programs really have to offer.

Game Maker Studio 2
Does GMS2 also come with a visual scripting editor? I couldn't find any details about that.

ClickTeam Fusion 3
CTF was always more of an "ugly" version of C2 for me, If they plan to clean it up a little for their 3rd version, it might be a serious competitor.

Spark (Full Release)
I've lost all the hope I got about Spark, I think it's either going to be dropped soon or come out within the next 5-10 years.

Godot 3.0
Now Godot 3.0 is something that Scirra should really worry about, not only is it open source (FREE!) but it could also easily compete with C2's editor in terms of usability. The major thing that was kinda missing is the visual scripting editor. Now it seems like it's about to be added, this might be interesting to follow.
EDIT: Of course there are also other problems and errors that need to be fixed too.

SuperPowers 3.0
Superpowers looks like one of the many script based game engines that you can find on the Internet, nothing to worry about IMO.

These are just my opinions about the competitors, if you disagree or want to add something feel free to do that below!
It's always nice to compare things and find out the dis/advantages that they might have.
;)
Last edited by TheRealDannyyy on Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:05 am

@never im following spark engine for i think 1 year now, and something, and its the same page, however their promising what i always wanted from C3 but its not really known when they will release or if ever release.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion