Construct 3 any news?

Post » Sat May 14, 2016 1:26 pm

Ok I think this is about enough here guys. Construct3 is under development and when the developers have something concrete they can share, they will share it. Honestly I don't know how many times they have to say it before you guys and gals understand that.
That said I am actually pretty happy with Construct2 and most of the limitations are ok and you can work around them. The only problem I have with Construct2 is AD networks , we need plugins for different AD networks . As far as native exporter I'am pretty sure they are working on it but can't give you a timeline.
Also I have used other tools before and it grates my nerves when other people keep talking about oh this tool does this or that. Listen each tool has strengths and weakness but its up to you to learn the in's and outs. There have be several games this year made with Construct2 that have been successful here

Ignatius for android almost half million downloads ignatius-atmospheric-puzzle-platformer_t169161
------ Rescuers featured in fron page of Apple store rescuers-featured-in-best-new-games-on-app-store-games_t171553
-----Beast Attack 200,000 in a week beast-attack-googleplay-200-000-downloads_t148655
------- The Next Penelope sold 4,500 units on steam alone at $12.99 a pop. You do the math on that!! Its comming to Wii U eshop this summer go look on Nintendo's website http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/Qk ... me-details

There is more but I am tired right now. Construct2 is a pro tool if you take time to learn it.
Check out my awesome Android Game releases https://play.google.com/store/apps/deve ... ames&hl=en
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 15, 2016 11:39 am

So we shouldnt expect any announcements or releases this year :)
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 15, 2016 11:49 am

Guys just please take a bit of your time to read every page of this topic.
Ashley did already say more than enough about C3 for the moment, we should be satisfied with that information for a while!

Ashley wrote:We are basically working full-time on C3 and it's been our focus for over a year now. It is certainly not going to be cancelled or anything like that. We are just not ready to share any information yet for a few reasons:
- C2 is still a great product and actively maintained, and we think it's best for users to keep focusing on C2 instead of sitting around waiting for C3 (especially since we still don't know when it will be ready)
- we don't want to say something and then end up delaying, modifying or ultimately removing any particular feature we talked about - right now everything is still subject to change
- public information about the state of C3 could affect our competitive edge, especially since we're doing some pretty interesting stuff
- we don't want to ruin the surprise!

Rest assured we are working daily to get C3 ready as soon as possible, and we will share more information when we're ready.
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 15, 2016 12:42 pm

TheRealDannyyy wrote:Guys just please take a bit of your time to read every page of this topic.
Ashley did already say more than enough about C3 for the moment, we should be satisfied with that information for a while!

Ashley wrote:We are basically working full-time on C3 and it's been our focus for over a year now. It is certainly not going to be cancelled or anything like that. We are just not ready to share any information yet for a few reasons:
- C2 is still a great product and actively maintained, and we think it's best for users to keep focusing on C2 instead of sitting around waiting for C3 (especially since we still don't know when it will be ready)
- we don't want to say something and then end up delaying, modifying or ultimately removing any particular feature we talked about - right now everything is still subject to change
- public information about the state of C3 could affect our competitive edge, especially since we're doing some pretty interesting stuff
- we don't want to ruin the surprise!

Rest assured we are working daily to get C3 ready as soon as possible, and we will share more information when we're ready.

Hail to this! I'm 101% certain C3 will be fantastic, and will address a lot of the suggestions we were giving for years. And I'm sure it will include a lot of user friendly solutions, such as adding options that will save us time doing mundane types of events.
My professional Royalty Free Music at Scirra Assets Store
--------------------------------
Specs: i5 2500, 16gb of ram, gtx 770, win 7, Focusrite Scarlett 8i6, Mackie mr8mk2, Alesis 320, browsing the net on chrome.
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 15, 2016 10:50 pm

I can't wait for definite answers. :) Basically the release that is. I have been waiting since it has whispered about a new version. I am so curious about what Ashley call "- we don't want to ruin the surprise!" :)
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 17, 2016 7:13 am

helena wrote:I can't wait for definite answers. :) Basically the release that is. I have been waiting since it has whispered about a new version. I am so curious about what Ashley call "- we don't want to ruin the surprise!" :)

Me too. I'm really looking forward to this part :) I don't expect any feature particularly, but I know one thing for sure: Scirra hasn't let us down, so we are looking forward to an awesome software.
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 17, 2016 8:31 am

It would be interesting if it was a 3D game engine but I would prefer a very capable 2d game engine.
Image keep updated on my new game: Still Human
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 17, 2016 1:54 pm

@Ashley I understand your point about voting, as it's the same in marketing: if you ask people about what they would be ready to purchase and at what price, people's feedback rarely matches their future actions...

Returning to the initial reason of my post, I can't help question Scirra's approach regarding communication around C3. Whilst a bit of teasing is a great thing, you don't publish information to raise people's interest and then keep silent for the next year or two. It's just a waste of everyone's time. The point I was trying to make and which hasn't been answered, is that related to Scirra's development staff. How many people are working on C3, while C2 is still be maintained (and you do a great job at this)?

I mean, if you're split between C2 maintenance and C3 and have only 1 or 2 other developers working full-time on C3, it may be another year or two before we see this new platform. In that case, wouldn't it be interesting to raise some funds via crowfunding or investors to have a larger team working on this?
B
S

Post » Tue May 17, 2016 2:34 pm

wmsgva wrote:@Ashley I understand your point about voting, as it's the same in marketing: if you ask people about what they would be ready to purchase and at what price, people's feedback rarely matches their future actions...

Returning to the initial reason of my post, I can't help question Scirra's approach regarding communication around C3. Whilst a bit of teasing is a great thing, you don't publish information to raise people's interest and then keep silent for the next year or two. It's just a waste of everyone's time. The point I was trying to make and which hasn't been answered, is that related to Scirra's development staff. How many people are working on C3, while C2 is still be maintained (and you do a great job at this)?

I mean, if you're split between C2 maintenance and C3 and have only 1 or 2 other developers working full-time on C3, it may be another year or two before we see this new platform. In that case, wouldn't it be interesting to raise some funds via crowfunding or investors to have a larger team working on this?

Buy C2. Help fund the future project. Scirra already answered these questions.
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 17, 2016 2:55 pm

wmsgva wrote:@Ashley I understand your point about voting, as it's the same in marketing: if you ask people about what they would be ready to purchase and at what price, people's feedback rarely matches their future actions...

There are only 2 developers Ashley and Tom. Yes they are maintaining Construct2 while building Construct3. No it would not be wise to have other developers jump in at this time because they would have to explain everything they did from the beginning to the new workers and there will be more bugs and errors. Yes they are doing a great job maintaining Construct2 don't you see all the updates they have been doing or are you dull mentally. They mentioned C3 to get feedback and they will implement some, but they will not tell us what they are doing because competing game engines will try to copy.
Check out my awesome Android Game releases https://play.google.com/store/apps/deve ... ames&hl=en
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion