Construct 3 any news?

Post » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:53 pm

I am a big fan of linux and have been using it for a long time, although I am not an expert on it.
I installed Windows on my machine just to use Construct2 and I am eager to see Construct3 playing in linux.
B

Post » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:05 pm

i just going to use unity + blox and it seems like construct1000 !
B
S

Post » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:23 pm

mahdi71 wrote:i just going to use unity + blox and it seems like construct1000 !

It looks cool, but it seam very complex in compare to construct.
My professional Royalty Free Music at Scirra Assets Store
--------------------------------
Specs: i5 2500, 16gb of ram, gtx 770, win 7, Focusrite Scarlett 8i6, Mackie mr8mk2, Alesis 320, browsing the net on chrome.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:26 pm

megatronx wrote:
mahdi71 wrote:i just going to use unity + blox and it seems like construct1000 !

It looks cool, but it seam very complex in compare to construct.

just a little ! ;)
B
S

Post » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:32 pm

lol scratch for unity.
It's like Edward Scissorhands doing Lego.
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:18 pm

thats more like stencyl logic then scratch.... even though both use the same colored blox... stencyl has similar logic as the unity+ blox thing interesting :D but c2 is pretty good for what im using it :D

KMDES wrote:Really looking forward to this.

Adding in the ability to do Javascript code snippets would be killer. :)

you already can do that using the browser plugin and execute javascript
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:28 pm

I actually have a suggestion for C3

@Ashley Imagine a maze with loads of doors and even more buttons opening those doors, spread throughout the whole maze. It becomes difficult to keep track of which object representing button is connected to which door. So I thought that it would be very neat to have a connector in C3 which would work like this: in editor you click on an object you'd like to connect while holding a shortcut key. A line is being created and you pull it with mouse to the object you want to connect it to. Now in events you have ability to create conditions using those connectors, for example For each button connected to doors, or for each doors connected to buttons, following by standards like doors variable = x: etc. would speed things up as well as make things in the editor easier to see.
My professional Royalty Free Music at Scirra Assets Store
--------------------------------
Specs: i5 2500, 16gb of ram, gtx 770, win 7, Focusrite Scarlett 8i6, Mackie mr8mk2, Alesis 320, browsing the net on chrome.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:12 am

I am glad to see such an interest in Construct3 but lets temper expectations a bit now time wise. As time goes by I see things in this forum that shows me unless Construct3 is magnificent , its going to fail. Construct3 has to be mind blowing and thats going to take them a while to make.
Honestly I feel Construct2 is the best 2D game engine on the market and I have tried all the major ones. But speaking bluntly I feel as though out of all the engines , Construct2 has the worst website. Other game engines have bright and fun forums plus updated showcases. In C2 you have an old showcase with less than 10 games. Also in the C2 forums you have too many people who are smart-asses and are negative. Truth is it's going to be very tough to get a bunch of new buyers to buy Construct3 if things in this website don't change.
Other game forums are far busier than this one because of the thing I stated. I met a lot of good people here that I like but recently I slowed down coming here often because its slowing getting worst and less busier. Like I said Construct2 has the best 2D engine and is great on mobile . But don't rush the developers because the product has to be stellar in order to sell. They don't have the benefit of an awesome website like other game engines do.
Check out my awesome Android Game releases https://play.google.com/store/apps/deve ... ames&hl=en
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:05 pm

PixelPower wrote:I am glad to see such an interest in Construct3 but lets temper expectations a bit now time wise. As time goes by I see things in this forum that shows me unless Construct3 is magnificent , its going to fail. Construct3 has to be mind blowing and thats going to take them a while to make.
Honestly I feel Construct2 is the best 2D game engine on the market and I have tried all the major ones. But speaking bluntly I feel as though out of all the engines , Construct2 has the worst website. Other game engines have bright and fun forums plus updated showcases. In C2 you have an old showcase with less than 10 games. Also in the C2 forums you have too many people who are smart-asses and are negative. Truth is it's going to be very tough to get a bunch of new buyers to buy Construct3 if things in this website don't change.
Other game forums are far busier than this one because of the thing I stated. I met a lot of good people here that I like but recently I slowed down coming here often because its slowing getting worst and less busier. Like I said Construct2 has the best 2D engine and is great on mobile . But don't rush the developers because the product has to be stellar in order to sell. They don't have the benefit of an awesome website like other game engines do.

Not sure about that, there are a few smart arses here, but not half as many as Clickteam has, and their forum is deadin the water for most technical requests/discussions. Here you can always get help/replies almost straight away.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:15 am

Zebbi wrote:
Not sure about that, there are a few smart arses here, but not half as many as Clickteam has, and their forum is deadin the water for most technical requests/discussions. Here you can always get help/replies almost straight away.

Yeah clickteam and gdevelop isn't our main competition concern. Gamesalad, GameMaker, Unity,Unreal, etc. They all have tools to make games easy and all their forums are active. Yes the help section is good but can be better . Overall if your suggesting that everything is ok, I see it very differently.
Check out my awesome Android Game releases https://play.google.com/store/apps/deve ... ames&hl=en
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion