Construct 3 any news?

Post » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:15 am

@luckyrawatlucky Let's hope it won't come to that. The event system C2 uses has great potential and it's easy and fast to work with. IMO Scirra will keep it and also improve it. I might be misunderstanding what you wrote since I haven't used Buildbox.
B
137
S
33
G
17
Posts: 1,560
Reputation: 20,797

Post » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:57 am

Buildbox is truly Zero coding game making software but very costly
No Event No condition, No actions
Just Drag & Drop
Image
B
72
S
41
G
48
Posts: 686
Reputation: 34,288

Post » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:00 pm

luckyrawatlucky wrote:Buildbox is truly Zero coding game making software but very costly
No Event No condition, No actions
Just Drag & Drop

From the looks it is great for me at least.
Does it have any dissadvantages compared to C2?
Maybe 3rd party exporters, poor performance, leaks in the "eventing" system?
ImageImageImage
B
68
S
24
G
78
Posts: 693
Reputation: 45,301

Post » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:11 pm

I have try his demo
that was amazing but also too costly unafordable price
You should see his website buildbox.com

1 year back buildbox released Buildbox 2.0
and demo version is going to be upload by tomorrow for 30 days
take a try
Image
B
72
S
41
G
48
Posts: 686
Reputation: 34,288

Post » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:17 pm

luckyrawatlucky wrote:I have try his demo
that was amazing but also too costly unafordable price
You should see his website buildbox.com

I already saw the website but issues like eg. poor 3rd party exporter performance
(reference, see C2's features page) are never mentioned for marketing purposes.
I'm currently struggling to find a demo to get my hands on the engine by myself.

Also the price doesn't really matter if it saves time and stress with game development, my opinion though...
ImageImageImage
B
68
S
24
G
78
Posts: 693
Reputation: 45,301

Post » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:25 pm

I have used 1.0 and now 2.0 is going to release online
their may be too much difference
in 1.0 they use java for export
join his forum as you can ask them
I never go deeply. I had just give that a try, That was amazing 1 year before and now they have design buildbox increadibly.
See their videos on website
Image
B
72
S
41
G
48
Posts: 686
Reputation: 34,288

Post » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:30 pm

luckyrawatlucky wrote:I have used 1.0 and now 2.0 is going to release online
their may be too much difference
in 1.0 they use java for export
join his forum as you can ask them
I never go deeply. I had just give that a try, That was amazing 1 year before and now they have design buildbox increadibly.
See their videos on website

Oh well, I hope that Java is only for their Android exporter...
Anyway thanks for introducing me/us to this software, I'll give it a try I guess.

If you guys want me to do a comparison here in this forum, just give me a heads up!
I'm one of those types of people that likes to compare stuff like games or software just out of curiosity.
(Depends on how far I can get with the demo version of course.)
ImageImageImage
B
68
S
24
G
78
Posts: 693
Reputation: 45,301

Post » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:48 pm

buildbox? Guys what we talking about?
I just saw their site, and projects are very primitive. I didn't know how they build the complicated projects with only Drag and Drop manner, but for what I saw you don't have to use to much code in C2 too. The advantage of C2 is wide functionality, you can use plugins, you can use JS codes, you can make very complicated project with using arrays, AJAX, external JS etc

And the price... It's really crazy... Almost a one hundred bucks per month (84 or 99)
For this money, every month, you can buy some graphics assets, capx examples (for each of your target) or music, sounds etc :shock:
ImageImageImage
B
47
S
18
G
3
Posts: 164
Reputation: 5,336

Post » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:06 pm

@luckyrawatlucky I'm either totally blind or there is no demo of the older version.
Could you please link me to a demo version?

@Nagval333
I understand that $2675 as a one time payment is a lot compared to C2's $100 (I could buy C2 about 26 times with that money :) ) but you have to understand the following:
  • They have a fairly large team working on the engine, each one of them needs a monthly loan which adds up over time
  • Their engine & features are fully coded by themselves with next to no 3rd party software requirements
  • Native export if you take that as an advantage, usually better performance
  • 3D game development is also included with all its features
Those are just some obvious points that could bring the price of the engine that high up.
Last edited by TheRealDannyyy on Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
B
68
S
24
G
78
Posts: 693
Reputation: 45,301

Post » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:35 pm

TheRealDannyyy wrote:
  • They have a fairly large team working on the engine, each one of them needs a monthly loan which adds up over time
  • Their engine & features are fully coded by themselves with next to no 3rd party software requirements
  • Native export if you take that as an advantage, usually better performance
  • 3D game development is also included with all its features

I'm sorry, but I'm not entirely sure where you're getting your information...

Buildbox is built on top of the Cocos2d-x engine...not fully coded by themselves.
Buildbox does not have native export for mobile.
Buildbox is a 2D engine.
B
65
S
36
G
111
Posts: 117
Reputation: 60,853

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests