Construct 3 any news?

Post » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:43 am

@C-7 is correct preview images are not necessary and just starts new discussion like: why, i don't like it, change it,....

I hope that the big upgrade is coming this year, because for my next project it will be to difficult to use C2, because I will lose the overview or reach its limits. (I know I can use groups, functions,... , but there are easier ways)

e.g. http://www.autodesk.com/products/stingr ... llery-view
User-friendly scripting tools
especial: 0:35
B
15
S
4
Posts: 77
Reputation: 1,030

Post » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:39 am

edwardr wrote:e.g. http://www.autodesk.com/products/stingr ... llery-view
User-friendly scripting tools
especial: 0:35

So they just ripped of UE4's blueprint system?
B
135
S
33
G
17
Posts: 1,559
Reputation: 20,732

Post » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:05 am

kind of ... buildbox also has it and another one (but I forgot the name)
B
15
S
4
Posts: 77
Reputation: 1,030

Post » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:17 am

Aren't those blueprint eventing systems way too limited compared to C2's eventing system?
I mean the blueprints?/plugins by themselves that come with the engine, without counting the ones that got developed by the community.
ImageImageImage
B
63
S
23
G
78
Posts: 664
Reputation: 44,941

Post » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:13 am

I don't think so, but I'm not 100% sure. It's not the technical, it's the keeping the overview which was (for me) a big problem.

I tried some sort of a tycoon game, which I gave up, because I lost the overview. I used groups, functions and sheets, but when you have to print pages, write additional notes for each variable and check if you linked them together, then you spent more time checking and comparing instead of programing. When you have a lot of background calculation and a database then this becomes a nightmare.

It's like brainstorming. The Autodesk/UE4 design allows you some kind of sorting and with the lines you see immediately the connections. In C2 I had to open the main program sheet, check if the function is called, open the sheet with the functions, go to the group of functions (e.g. Time calculations), search for the functions (time + money) and look within the functions for the right variables.

For simple tasks shoot, hit the target, add points the event sheets are enough, but when you have functions like upgrade player weapons, shields, change the AI Enemy strange according to the player strength,... good luck (it's possible, but not easy)
B
15
S
4
Posts: 77
Reputation: 1,030

Post » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:04 am

TheRealDannyyy wrote:Aren't those blueprint eventing systems way too limited compared to C2's eventing system?

I wouldn't say that. Node based programming is certainly capable of making big projects. However seeing your project through can be troublesome.
B
135
S
33
G
17
Posts: 1,559
Reputation: 20,732

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:19 am

[Sorry For very very very Bad English I'm Hungarian]

I made games with Unreal Engine 4 because it is support 3d
If in Contruct 3 you can work in 3d, Construct 3 = The best game engine ever!
B
4
S
1
Posts: 3
Reputation: 360

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:27 pm

edwardr wrote:I don't think so, but I'm not 100% sure. It's not the technical, it's the keeping the overview which was (for me) a big problem.

I tried some sort of a tycoon game, which I gave up, because I lost the overview. I used groups, functions and sheets, but when you have to print pages, write additional notes for each variable and check if you linked them together, then you spent more time checking and comparing instead of programing. When you have a lot of background calculation and a database then this becomes a nightmare.

It's like brainstorming. The Autodesk/UE4 design allows you some kind of sorting and with the lines you see immediately the connections. In C2 I had to open the main program sheet, check if the function is called, open the sheet with the functions, go to the group of functions (e.g. Time calculations), search for the functions (time + money) and look within the functions for the right variables.

For simple tasks shoot, hit the target, add points the event sheets are enough, but when you have functions like upgrade player weapons, shields, change the AI Enemy strange according to the player strength,... good luck (it's possible, but not easy)


That sound like you need to keep and maintain design and code documents for your project, which I do and is standard operating procedure for most software and corporate development and less about the failings of C2.
Because your problem will not disappear even while using blueprint or autodesk.
B
36
S
18
G
11
Posts: 248
Reputation: 8,694

Post » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:37 am

fogaras455 wrote:[Sorry For very very very Bad English I'm Hungarian]

I made games with Unreal Engine 4 because it is support 3d
If in Contruct 3 you can work in 3d, Construct 3 = The best game engine ever!

Welcome / Üdvözöllek.
Construct 3 will not have 3D support. It has been discussed several times in the forums and C3 will stay a 2D engine, but aims to be the best at that.
B
135
S
33
G
17
Posts: 1,559
Reputation: 20,732

Post » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:08 pm

Construct 2 is a very catchy name, Scirra made a good pick on that. It's like to Construct a "2D" game.
Like Unity, they have Unity3D to make 3D games.

Construct 3 as a 2D game engine, It's honestly confusing for people who don't have an idea... Just saying.

Though, it's a good marketing tactic XD.
The Things you can create is only limited by your imagination. If you don't have the skills then use your motivation as a natural force to exceed all expectations. Chadori RebornXD
B
65
S
21
G
90
Posts: 1,124
Reputation: 59,862

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest