Construct 3 any news?

Post » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:35 pm

gumshoe2029 wrote:
Bleenx wrote:
gumshoe2029 wrote:About a year ago, I suggested a sweeping change to C3 that I am guessing they took.

What would this sweeping change be?

That they split C3 up into two major versions: Game & Enterprise. C3:Game would be focused on canvas-based JavaScript abstraction (their previous idea of C3), while C3:Enterprise would be focused on non-canvas JavaScript abstraction. The Enterprise version would contain things like site formatting, tables, authentication, database access, caching, among other things. They would also be able to do C3:Ultimate, which would contain both Game & Enterprise versions.

This would multiply their potential market by a thousand-fold, and they would be competing with platforms like Google WebToolkit and Web Builder 11, etc.

But like I said before, this is purely conjecture.

Whether they do that or not, it's a pretty solid idea.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:47 pm

Bleenx wrote:Whether they do that or not, it's a pretty solid idea.

Thanks. I thought so too. :-p

I also have no better guess as to why they would be taking so long for a "reskin" of Construct2.
https://www.ravenheart.ca/home
Company name changed to avoid Facebook-type shenanigans

"Someone once told me I bite off more than I can chew...

I told them I would rather choke on greatness than nibble on mediocrity."
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:54 am

@gumshoe2029

I heard that the (game) engine will not changed before, only rebuilt whole of IDE.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:10 am

i think the problem with people talking about c3 (i include myself there) is that, c3 was announced maybe before reaching a stable build, do we know since when is the scirra team working on C3? because if they started working on it the day they announced it, then we will have to wait 2 more years...

B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:37 am

IJCT wrote:i think the problem with people talking about c3 (i include myself there) is that, c3 was announced maybe before reaching a stable build, do we know since when is the scirra team working on C3? because if they started working on it the day they announced it, then we will have to wait 2 more years...

I promise you that people would've noticed that the updates got cut shorter than usual, so I think it's a good thing that we got to know why.

To all the news requests, I can only agree with you guys.
I mean we don't need a whole book about the most recent features that have been added to C3.
Tweets like: "Hey it was a pain to add * feature for Linux but I finally got it running!", would be enough news for me
personally and you can't deny that a short tweet like that would cost more than a minute. :P
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:54 am

TheRealDannyyy wrote:
IJCT wrote:i think the problem with people talking about c3 (i include myself there) is that, c3 was announced maybe before reaching a stable build, do we know since when is the scirra team working on C3? because if they started working on it the day they announced it, then we will have to wait 2 more years...

I promise you that people would've noticed that the updates got cut shorter than usual, so I think it's a good thing that we got to know why.

To all the news requests, I can only agree with you guys.
I mean we don't need a whole book about the most recent features that have been added to C3.
Tweets like: "Hey it was a pain to add * feature for Linux but I finally got it running!", would be enough news for me
personally and you can't deny that a short tweet like that would cost more than a minute. :P

we just want to know if is 3D or not, so we wont start to think about things that it wont have..

B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:20 am

IJCT wrote:we just want to know if is 3D or not, so we wont start to think about things that it wont have..

You're joking right? :|
I believe Ashley already responded at least 50 times with something like "No it will not be a 3D engine, despite the '3' in the name".

I'd sure like to see 3D features like everyone else but if it's not going to happen, it's not going to happen.
I also don't like that we'll keep on going with HTML5 instead of Native, I guess I just have to accept it and hope for the best.
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:47 pm

rexrainbow wrote:@gumshoe2029

I heard that the (game) engine will not changed before, only rebuilt whole of IDE.

My idea would not change the game engine, and it explains the overly long development time.
https://www.ravenheart.ca/home
Company name changed to avoid Facebook-type shenanigans

"Someone once told me I bite off more than I can chew...

I told them I would rather choke on greatness than nibble on mediocrity."
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:51 pm

gumshoe2029 wrote:That they split C3 up into two major versions: Game & Enterprise. C3:Game would be focused on canvas-based JavaScript abstraction (their previous idea of C3), while C3:Enterprise would be focused on non-canvas JavaScript abstraction. The Enterprise version would contain things like site formatting, tables, authentication, database access, caching, among other things. They would also be able to do C3:Ultimate, which would contain both Game & Enterprise versions.

Someone's summoning bloody fingertips right there xD

Nevertheless, i hope it's going to blow us away. Or the big secret might push an overhype as usual.
Which creates major disappointment throughout the community.

Whatever...
I'm looking forward to it.
The most important thing is, that it supports C2 project backwards compatibility.

So we can work on longer projects while knowing that we can continue our work using the new mighty C3. ;)
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:39 pm

Everade wrote:
gumshoe2029 wrote:Nevertheless, i hope it's going to blow us away. Or the big secret might push an overhype as usual.
Which creates major disappointment throughout the community.

Hmm... where did I heard that before...

(lol sorry, couldn't stop myself. Just joking around :P)
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion