Construct 3 any news?

Post » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:37 pm

I swear, if I read someone else asking for 3D I'm gonna lose all my hair, and that's coming from a 3D Artist lol
I think we speculate too much but I believe C3 is gonna step up quite well if we see how Construct progressed from Classic to 2. So I'm not scared at how it will be.

I've been using C2 since 2013 and the countless updates always made C2 better. So I'm sure its gonna rock :)
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:13 pm

just add to construct 2 3d object (box) just like in C classic and all will be fine
B
S

Post » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:49 pm

I hoped they added 3D like unity in C3... oh well
B

Post » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:04 am

TheRealDannyyy wrote:
Ashley wrote:There won't be 3D.

4 words, that should make it easier for future quotes. :P

No...3D? :( :o

NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

(Sorry for spam)
I'm not the best, but i like making games in Construct
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:03 pm

@IGDev @MinecraftM153 @Onlive122
I really don't want to act like I rule over this topic but could we please stop, I think it's time to stop now.
I won't complain if people want to use 3D, native support etc. in a joke or in a form of sarcasm but in this case it seems like you guys are serious about it.

I think the good'ol Q3D is a great example on how 3D in Construct could be, so feel free to check that out.
What you got in order to develop 3D games in C2:
The only thing that 3D support in C3 could improve is the editor environment but it's not really required which Q3D proves well.
Once again feel free to learn the use of that plugin because I doubt that official 3D support would be a lot easier than that.

@FraktalZero How is the new bald hairstyle going, you're rock'in it? :P
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:32 am

hi i hope the next one has at least built-in mode7 or mode8 3D mode. Also, maybe can add built-in google map functions like distance calculator, maybe able to load KMZ/KML file, maybe midi music file,
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:25 pm

Another bunch of suggestions for Construct 3:
  1. Include Nape Physics engine beside Box2D
  2. Vector graphic objects beside sprites - Like in flash, with outlines, points and curves... Also shape-tween between key frames could add a lot.
  3. Some kind of Timeline - it could help to add cutscenes, intro animations, and much more without using too much code.
  4. Layers in image editor
  5. Possibility to add multiple object types (Text, Spriter, Particles... ) in one family, and of course when you addressing the family, you only could call mutual actions of those types (Set angle, set opacity, etc...) and family behaviors...
  6. Add option to add JavaScript code in "Add action" section, in a simple text editor, instead of in Browser>executeJS in a small window by using lots of escape characters (because all the text should be in quotes).

IMPORTANT:
    Some option to be able to change event-sheet, and all the games that using that event-sheet will update theirs.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:49 pm

Will C3 get some shiny new Plugins Behaviours and maybe incorporate some of the great stuff the users here have developed already? :)
B
S

Post » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:01 am

One thing I would like is a faster way to preview and edit code while in the fine tuning stages for big games.

When I edit a number value and quickly test each time it takes me 52 seconds to preview the layout which has very slowly been taking longer and longer as I make the game.

sometimes my development time goes like this:

add 10 to value
wait 52 seconds to load
-5 to value
wait 52 seconds to load
+3 to value
wait 52 seconds to load

value numbers are an example but I can spend a few hours in fine tuning but spend 90% of that time just waiting on game load.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:34 am

@mapmerry: You may be wanting to look into continuous preview which is already a part of Construct 2.
Also, consider the preview loading time you should possibly look to improve your memory usage/optimisation of your game.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image

Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion