Construct 3 any news?

Post » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:07 pm

I purchased C2 when i saw C3 will be available on mac (upgrade), but now i see GMS2 will also support mac also, and probably much sooner than C3 even rolls out. And i really liked C2 way of working, but cant wait forever :D
B

Post » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:33 pm

@ashley will c3's editor be written in html5 too?
I am assuming that would make it easier to expose to the plugin system (no need to recompile) and easier to port over to mac and linux (html5 runs on everything)
Would that mean that construct3's editor is going to be packaged in something like nw.js ?
I am assuming things here, but I do think that would be kind of awesome for a html5 game engine to become 100% html5

Another question: Will it get a builtin plugin manager?
Right now scirra has a market place that is not at all integrated with the engine editor, it also has many many many community made plugins that are hosted on websites that are in danger of becoming dead links after a year or two. Installing/updating/removing plugins is still a process requiring the user to manually navigate to construct's program files folder and unzipping things. Will 3 solve that?

Do you also plan to make it possible to package plugins as construct files? You note that plugins will be possible to build purely with the event sheet. Does that include plugins that alter the editor itself?

Will all the ports (Linux and Mac) become available on release date? I am very much looking forward to the linux port.

If you dont want to answer any of the questions, Do you have any planned surprises for us with C3 - that it is too early to announce?
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:47 pm

Ashley wrote:Construct 3 is still in active development and going strong. I'm afraid we cannot share any more information at this time though. I mentioned a couple of reasons for this earlier in the thread.

It's understandable, but do you guys know any kind of ETA for atleast beta release for purchase? lie 2017? 2018? Summer? winter? :roll:
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:35 am

blurymind wrote:will c3's editor be written in html5 too?

Read the thread- it's being written in c++
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:29 pm

i saw this in another forum of a different engine but sounds a really good idea (to me of course). is it possible construct 3 to be also like a plugin in another engine? i mean for example to bring your editor and event system like a plugin in unity and only for 2d.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:35 pm

spy84 wrote:i saw this in another forum of a different engine but sounds a really good idea (to me of course). is it possible construct 3 to be also like a plugin in another engine? i mean for example to bring your editor and event system like a plugin in unity and only for 2d.

C3 will be a standalone editor, not a plugin. I think Ashley wrote that in this topic to answer similar questions.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:07 pm

:lol: Just 1 week passed by and same previously answered questions are asked again. Guys at least check again after 6 months.

The Things you can create is only limited by your imagination. If you don't have the skills then use your motivation as a natural force to exceed all expectations. Chadori RebornXD
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:00 pm

@glerikud yes i know it will be a standalone editor thanks for the info ;) . i just throw an idea from another forum cause i find it very interesting.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:24 pm

1 question out, 4 left :P

Perhaps we should make an faq on the first post of the thread. Thats what clickteam users did with fusion 3
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:23 pm

blurymind wrote:1 question out, 4 left :P

Perhaps we should make an faq on the first post of the thread. Thats what clickteam users did with fusion 3

Great idea. Here are my first question-answer pairs if @bilgekaan agrees to update the first post.

- Native exporters? No.
- 3D support? No.
- What runtime will C3 use? Same as C2.
- Release date? TBA.
- Can we expect a rewrite for the official plugins? Yes.
- MAC and Linux support for the editor? Yes.

These are just the ones that came to my mind in a hurry.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion