Construct 3 any news?

Post » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:58 pm

Zonacas wrote: :lol: You could create a minigame with that idea


And make it in Gamemaker, just out of spite ;)
B
84
S
29
G
32
Posts: 488
Reputation: 20,059

Post » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:06 pm

Eisenhans wrote:
Zonacas wrote: :lol: You could create a minigame with that idea


And make it in Gamemaker, just out of spite ;)


And make it a success, and make a lot of money :roll:
CODE FOR FUN
B
26
S
8
G
2
Posts: 76
Reputation: 2,453

Post » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:08 pm

The natives are getting restless.

Edit:

The users who want a native export are getting more restless.
Image ImageImage
B
178
S
50
G
206
Posts: 8,686
Reputation: 127,715

Post » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:23 pm

newt wrote:The natives are getting restless.

Edit:

The users who want a native export are getting more restless.

I c wat u did there.
B
41
S
12
G
14
Posts: 1,124
Reputation: 11,286

Post » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:53 am

I'm much more interested in some of the hinted-at workflow/organization improvements than native export, even if it were a possibility.

Edit:

I have a feeling the natives will be throwing spears at me pretty soon for that one. ;)
B
46
S
16
G
5
Posts: 68
Reputation: 6,278

Post » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:55 pm

newt wrote:The users who want a native export are getting more restless.
JerkTheRipper wrote:I'm much more interested in some of the hinted-at workflow/organization improvements than native export, even if it were a possibility.
I have a feeling the natives will be throwing spears at me pretty soon for that one. ;)

TRIGGERED *throws spear* Image

In all seriousness though, native tech isn't the best of the best either and people that worked with DX9 can relate.
I will personally always go with arguments for native over web and continue to criticize the other side for known
reasons because I got used to the flaws that come with the used tech. I guess it's the same case with Ashley and the web.

For me currently the most annoying thing is the fact that we have next to no control over un/loading certain things
but judging by the latest changes, it seems to be possible to workaround those limitations.
With that said I hope that C3 won't just end up being C2 with a different number in the name meme
and bring the required changes that will make "advanced" game development less of a pain than it currently is. :roll:
ImageImageImage
B
81
S
30
G
78
Posts: 752
Reputation: 46,393

Post » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:25 pm

@Ashley - will there be any sort of early access founder's package for Construct 3?

I'd gladly pay for early access.
B
92
S
44
G
17
Posts: 1,012
Reputation: 18,607

Post » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:15 am

Lately I've been working/playing with Godot, and the one thing I would love to see in C3: a timeline to animate anything, any property, variable, and the option to fire functions and other timelines. Timeline should also sport a curve editor to control the timing between keys. And include a path-based animation option. Multiple timelines per object, easily controlled through events. Preferably include IK-based animation for characters as well, but Spriter objects/animations integration will suffice as well.

Does anyone know whether Ashley ever mentioned C3 is to receive a timeline for animation control? I mean, it's hard to imagine Construct 3 WITHOUT one at this point (seeing what the competition is offering).
Win7 64- i7 [email protected], p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb, ATI 7970 3gb, EVGA 590 3GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820. Screens: 2 x Samsung s27a850ds 2560x1440, HP 1920x1200 in portrait mode
B
30
S
10
G
8
Posts: 170
Reputation: 7,074

Post » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:13 am

Rayek wrote:a timeline to animate anything, any property, variable, and the option to fire functions and other timelines.

That sounds interesting.
B
51
S
24
G
70
Posts: 1,196
Reputation: 41,370

Post » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:33 am

Rayek wrote:Lately I've been working/playing with Godot, and the one thing I would love to see in C3: a timeline to animate anything, any property, variable, and the option to fire functions and other timelines. Timeline should also sport a curve editor to control the timing between keys. And include a path-based animation option. Multiple timelines per object, easily controlled through events. Preferably include IK-based animation for characters as well, but Spriter objects/animations integration will suffice as well.

Does anyone know whether Ashley ever mentioned C3 is to receive a timeline for animation control? I mean, it's hard to imagine Construct 3 WITHOUT one at this point (seeing what the competition is offering).


I totally agree. Unfortunately, IIRC, Ashley dismissed the idea to the realm of 3rd party plugins (like Spriter). I hope he changed his mind since then...
Learning other engines, but C2 still rocks. Image Image Image Image
B
80
S
22
G
95
Posts: 2,422
Reputation: 57,681

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: flep and 1 guest