Construct 3 any news?

Post » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:34 pm

newt wrote:Speaking of multiplatform, I just got an email from Amazon describing a new income method that was "platform agnostic".
"Subscribe with Amazon".

Please don't do crap like that.

That's amazon for ya.
Last edited by Zebbi on Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:54 pm

Zebbi wrote:compatible with github?
Our current project lives on Github, in .caproj form.
newt wrote:Speaking of multiplatform, I just got an email from Amazon describing a new income method that was "platform agnostic".
"Subscribe with Amazon".

Please don't do crap like that.
lol. Crazy Amazon.
https://www.ravenheart.ca/home
Company name changed to avoid Facebook-type shenanigans

"Someone once told me I bite off more than I can chew...

I told them I would rather choke on greatness than nibble on mediocrity."
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:40 pm

gumshoe2029 wrote:
Zebbi wrote:compatible with github?
Our current project lives on Github, in .caproj form.

Yeah, I know, I admitted my misjudgement.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:51 pm

Kyatric wrote:Well, I still don't know what that is supposed to mean.
I know what "populating an array with data" means. That makes "coding sense" to me.

I still don't know what "populate C code as you work". It pops C code in your notepad when you are creating events ? If so, I find it a strange formulation.

It means that it converts to C code as you complete lines of code or on-demand, so that when you preview, you're previewing the end result of the conversion to C, not the scripting language. As near as I can tell, it's a complicated way to say they're compiling to native rather than using an interpreter when previewing or exporting. It's a marketing line, much like those used by any other for-profit software when discussing its feature set, including C2, although here it does seem to be converting to C for, theoretically, native device performance.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:56 pm

imothep85 wrote:MY GOSH LOOOOOL buildobox is so crazy expensive XD even my 3dsmax or photoshop are less expensive than that :D i definitely stay with cnstruct 2 & 3

Their pricing is similar to Unity's pricing for a license that doesn't require Unity branding or a revenue cap.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:44 pm

digitalsoapbox wrote:
imothep85 wrote:MY GOSH LOOOOOL buildobox is so crazy expensive XD even my 3dsmax or photoshop are less expensive than that :D i definitely stay with cnstruct 2 & 3

Their pricing is similar to Unity's pricing for a license that doesn't require Unity branding or a revenue cap.

Which is a crazy high price for a 2d game creator that doesn't do half of what Unity provides.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:25 pm

digitalsoapbox wrote:

Yeah, it's not a crazy price if you have a proper company with a decent revenue stream/startup capital, but it is crazy for the average hobbyist. I'm a little shocked they don't have a limited free version, apart from the 30 day trial. Once I saw the price I didn't bother to download it, because even if I love it there's no way I'm paying that.

Besides, I've been very happy with C2. ;)
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:28 pm

Bleenx wrote:
digitalsoapbox wrote:

Which is a crazy high price for a 2d game creator that doesn't do half of what Unity provides.

Only if you have no interest in making money with it, in which case it's fine. Unity is also not a dedicated 2D game development tool. It also doesn't depend upon 3rd-party export options.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:37 pm

Bleenx wrote:
digitalsoapbox wrote:

:lol: Yes that's true but let's not ignore that Buildbox is like the perfect form of C2. If C2 was native, had all the features of C3 and had a cool UI. It would be Buildbox.
The Things you can create is only limited by your imagination. If you don't have the skills then use your motivation as a natural force to exceed all expectations. Chadori RebornXD
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:39 pm

BTW. It won't be long till announcement time. :D :D :D
The Things you can create is only limited by your imagination. If you don't have the skills then use your motivation as a natural force to exceed all expectations. Chadori RebornXD
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion