Construct 3 any news?

Post » Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:55 pm

Waltuo wrote:I think it's, frankly, quite rude, tasteless and disrespectful to be hyping a competing game engine on these forums and suggesting it's somehow superior to C2 when the thing isn't even out yet. Yes Spark is intriguing, I'm signed up for Beta myself, but enough is enough. Seems some people are almost trying to extort information/release of C3 from Ashley at this point by desperately threatening to switch over to another (unproven) competing engine. More annoyingly, valuable C3 development time is potentially being lost here by Ashley having to respond to silly messages and ultimatums, so all this seems a bit counter-productive to me. I'm not saying we can't mention other engines here or anything, but there are surely better places for extended hypetalk and marketing jargon regarding a competing product than these forums, no?

I think clickteam have the dictionary word construct banned as a swear from their forums, it's healthy to discuss competition to help shape development, scirra quite clearly aren't insecure about their product like clickteam are 🙄
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:17 pm

Actually Construct 2 is mentioned quite often in Clickteam forums as there are features in Construct that they want implemented in Fusion 3 :)

Construct's event sheet system is still the best though.
B
S

Post » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:43 pm

I kind of assumed they were going to implement a C2 style event sheet in Fusion 3 because it's the next logical step up, but was disappointed after seeing a recent dev shot that it appears to still have the same tired old spreadsheet editor. It would be a big step back returning to that now.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:06 pm

Kyatric wrote:Well 7 page of this topic named "Construct 3 any news?", "What we do is discuss and compare engines because that is what this topic is about" is actually off topic.
People asked infos about C3, infos were released.
Why compare with other engines ?...

This topic name is different but I think this topic is a great opportunity for Scirra to learn from other competitive Game Making Engines since Construct 3 is still under production. By looking at how this conversation is going to, I say that the purpose of this topic is to encourage Construct 3 to be made better than the other engines.

Btw. When you look at Spark, we can already tell that it will not go well at start. Surely, there will be a lot of bugs in the interface, browser editor and especially mobile editor and the game compiler. Think about it, Construct Classic + Construct 2 ran for 8 years and still have no compiler and still has some unexplained bugs. What more for an early and very sophisticated game engine? Not to mention a native compiler made by a small team that even the large company Intel is still having trouble making a html compiler that will solve the game developers needs, wants and demands. Once the game engine is released, then you'll see the bug reports.

The Things you can create is only limited by your imagination. If you don't have the skills then use your motivation as a natural force to exceed all expectations. Chadori RebornXD
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:42 pm

@Zebbi i dont think clickteam is insecure either. the word construct is everywhere in their forums most of the unbeatable event system and this is the only reason why im staying here..

And why to be insecure (speaking of clickteam) with so many games under fusion's belt? only fnaf is a good start to make people try fusion.not to mention the escapists (almost 10k reviews on steam, imagine the sales...) venture kid and others..we dont need to be ignorant... both are good programs but if fusion has the same event system or "identical", almost half of the users of c2 will jump to another boat..

dont get me wrong i bought c2 i dont use the free version so if a program makes my hobby or my job easier i choose it. and when i dont see any light in the tunnel of native exporters in construct 3, if fusion 3 or spark engine do it better with the same event system (spark engine is mmmmmm almost clear and user friendly like c2's) ill buy them and compare them.

so to close my post i think is healthy to talk for different programs and tell our opinions for what is imho is good or bad for us. its not treachery its democracy.

@chadorireborn if spark has many bugs its almost sure.its the beginning. which engine has not even after years of development..if you assume that is how to call it my english is not very good "a fraud" and give too many promises, only time will tell..
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:33 pm

Ethan wrote:I kind of assumed they were going to implement a C2 style event sheet in Fusion 3 because it's the next logical step up, but was disappointed after seeing a recent dev shot that it appears to still have the same tired old spreadsheet editor. It would be a big step back returning to that now.

And the chess pieces for icons.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:45 pm

Ethan wrote:I kind of assumed they were going to implement a C2 style event sheet in Fusion 3 because it's the next logical step up, but was disappointed after seeing a recent dev shot that it appears to still have the same tired old spreadsheet editor. It would be a big step back returning to that now.

I've tried both C2 and F2.5, both are very good and have good and bad things going for them. Without a doubt C2's event sheet is way ahead of F2.5's. however F2.5 can export native windows code and I'm reading more and more how people like the idea of C2 but being forced to use a wrapper just puts them off using it.

Hopefully C3 will amend this lacking issue.
B

Post » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:05 pm

editing my previous post but in a new one i still believe that if c3 change the direction from html5 focusing to native giving the oportunity for native exporters pc mac linux etc etc many users of fusion will jump to c3 without a doubt because of the simplicity of visual coding.

if @ashley tells something about native exporters and dynamic lighting (in parallax effect) and normal mapping even if today is Aprils fools day i will be happy for seconds...
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:53 am

I'll be interested in seeing where html5 is in a decade, definately.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:25 am

I have to agree with Chadorireborn. I have a personal licence for C2 and now I am making a game for mobiles and yes that thing that the C2 doesn't have a one click export for all these platforms (.APK etc) is really bad I am using Intel XDK but there are often many problems (new versions, bugs ...) I would like to have a new C3 with all these functions like native apps one click export, Ads but is it even real for Scirra? Recently I am starting to doubt it. I like C2 but it seems it doesn't develop enough.
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion