Construct 3 any news?

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:40 pm

chadorireborn wrote:You keep your browser based app. I'm leaving. :x :x :x
I hate this, i regret using this in the first place. I am cancelling my game for this sh**.
I'm never going to visit this site ever again. I'm going Unity or GMS2.


Haha that's what an online temper tantrum looks like :D
B
25
S
12
G
11
Posts: 260
Reputation: 7,923

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:58 pm

chadorireborn wrote:You keep your browser based app. I'm leaving. :x :x :x
I hate this, i regret using this in the first place. I am cancelling my game for this sh**.
I'm never going to visit this site ever again. I'm going Unity or GMS2.


Calm it, @chadorireborn you don't want to make it to the next stage of my list! :o ;)
Zebbi wrote:
  • the aggressive defensive disappointed that will cross the line (and probably get banned)
B
41
S
12
G
14
Posts: 1,117
Reputation: 11,253

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:01 pm

Zebbi wrote:
chadorireborn wrote:You keep your browser based app. I'm leaving. :x :x :x
I hate this, i regret using this in the first place. I am cancelling my game for this sh**.
I'm never going to visit this site ever again. I'm going Unity or GMS2.


Calm it, @chadorireborn you don't want to make it to the next stage of my list! :o ;)
Zebbi wrote:
  • the aggressive defensive disappointed that will cross the line (and probably get banned)


:( Nothing left to see here anyway. :?
The Things you can create is only limited by your imagination. If you don't have the skills then use your motivation as a natural force to exceed all expectations. Chadori RebornXD
B
63
S
18
G
90
Posts: 1,118
Reputation: 59,540

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:07 pm

chadorireborn wrote:
chadorireborn wrote:You keep your browser based app. I'm leaving. :x :x :x
I hate this, i regret using this in the first place. I am cancelling my game for this sh**.
I'm never going to visit this site ever again. I'm going Unity or GMS2.


Calm it, @chadorireborn you don't want to make it to the next stage of my list! :o ;)
Zebbi wrote:
  • the aggressive defensive disappointed that will cross the line (and probably get banned)


:( Nothing left to see here anyway. :?

It's alright, I had fun reading the bitwig thread last week, I can see the psychology coming a mile away ;) :D
B
41
S
12
G
14
Posts: 1,117
Reputation: 11,253

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:38 pm

I love C2 and everything it's given me, it's such an amazing tool for a hobbyist game developer. I think Scirra have been a good example of how to engage with customers too, they've given us a generous tool and a fostered great community here. I feel like they care a lot about their customers, and do their best to make the product better. So I wish them every luck, I'm sure C3 will be amazing, but I can't live with a subscription model personally. I don't think it's wrong or greedy or bad, it's just not for me. I was super excited about the announcement, so it's with great regret that I'll now probably be bowing out of Construct and looking to learn another tool :(
B
15
S
5
Posts: 141
Reputation: 1,657

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:27 pm

@chadorireborn, I'm out of the loop here, but if you don't like C2, why are you even here in the first place? I'm hoping that was a joke on your part.

C2 benefits from being cheaper than everything else. It works great, I've never ran into any more problems with it than I have with other engines. Especially Unity.

Game Maker and UE4 are both very well made engines. Eiher way, if canceling a game is something to complain about, you either didn't plan out the development of your game at any point, or you're wasting your time developing games altogether. You should be learning how, rather than actually making them, if you don't know the limitations of almost all engines available to you.

I could list hundreds of free game engines' limitations to you right now, and even with the experience of knowing them all, I still come back to C2. So, I personally see no reason for Scirra to change.
ImageImage
B
46
S
13
G
2
Posts: 253
Reputation: 6,352

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:31 pm

KTML5 wrote:@chadorireborn, I'm out of the loop here, but if you don't like C2, why are you even here in the first place? I'm hoping that was a joke on your part.

C2 benefits from being cheaper than everything else. It works great, I've never ran into any more problems with it than I have with other engines. Especially Unity.

Game Maker and UE4 are both very well made engines. Eiher way, if canceling a game is something to complain about, you either didn't plan out the development of your game at any point, or you're wasting your time developing games altogether. You should be learning how, rather than actually making them, if you don't know the limitations of almost all engines available to you.

I could list hundreds of free game engines' limitations to you right now, and even with the experience of knowing them all, I still come back to C2. So, I personally see no reason for Scirra to change.

It's not cheaper than anything else bar a few.
B
21
S
6
G
2
Posts: 188
Reputation: 3,450

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:14 pm

I wouldn't trust those fake news sites, especially not today of all days:

Image
"Construct 4 lets YOU make advanced games! (but not play them)" Construct Classic - Examples Kit Dropbox is a pile of trash and if you need my old files PM me! :)
B
116
S
40
G
17
Posts: 2,197
Reputation: 19,433

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:52 pm

Jayjay wrote:I wouldn't trust those fake news sites, especially not today of all days:

Image

I wish. Oh, I wish, @jayjay

Wait a minute, there's still time for them to reverse this and blame it all on a hoax, isn't there?
B
41
S
12
G
14
Posts: 1,117
Reputation: 11,253

Post » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:44 pm

Guys, you criticize something before even seeing it. Come on. Yes, nobody likes subscription model, but if the tool is like C2 but better (don't talk about browser-based issues, we don't know yet how it'll perform) and is very efficient, if somebody wants to do it professionally it's ok to pay a sub fee. Otherwise, stick with the free version or with C2.

Wait and see.
B
24
S
6
Posts: 64
Reputation: 1,436

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: rhg1968 and 2 guests