Construct 3 any news?

Post » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:40 pm

lamar wrote:
plinkie wrote:
lamar wrote:Take care of your customer base that feeds you every day I say!

They are, it's $49 for a year when you upgrade. That's the price you wanted. Then after a year you can decide if it's worth paying $99.

Many people considering C3 will not have a license to upgrade so you are focusing on a small base of customers.

Have a great day!

Construct 2 owners are a small base of customers. Can you link me to where you are finding these fake facts?
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:45 pm

plinkie wrote:Construct 2 owners are a small base of customers. Can you link me to where you are finding these fake facts?

He goes by opinions, not facts. You'll lose that argument.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:46 pm

plinkie wrote:

Construct 2 owners are a small base of customers. Can you link me to where you are finding these fake facts?
[/quote]

The upgrade is for C2 owners with a personal license I do believe.

Your tone is offensive.

End of discussion.
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:55 pm

lamar wrote:Your tone is offensive.

"We will still have a basic free edition of Construct 3." - posted by Scirra on the blog three days ago. You can use C3 whether you subscribe or not. What's your opinion about that?
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:01 pm

Bleenx wrote:

"We will still have a basic free edition of Construct 3." - posted by Scirra on the blog three days ago. You can use C3 whether you subscribe or not. What's your opinion about that?

Depends on what is has in the way of features and like I said I am not against them releasing another version and maybe there are more game designers that want to develop for consoles that will be interested.

I am sure I will probably try out the free version and my point was about increasing customer volume instead of focusing on a small market of console and mobile game designers and taking care of those that have supported you and not dumping us as I have seen happen with other game engines going to subscriptions.

That is my thoughts on that and my post was to Tom and is my opinion.
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:07 pm

lamar wrote:
Bleenx wrote:

Depends on what is has in the way of features and like I said I am not against them releasing another version and maybe there are more game designers that want to develop for consoles that will be interested.

I am sure I will probably try out the free version and my point was about increasing customer volume instead of focusing on a small market of console and mobile game designers and taking care of those that have supported you and not dumping us as I have seen happen with other game engines going to subscriptions.

That is my thoughts on that and my post was to Tom and is my opinion.

I know it's your opinion, and I'm not arguing it. I'm merely debating the things you said. I'm sure the basic C3 edition will be as limited as the basic C2 edition. It's my guess at this point that they'll reveal some good things next week about export options. Let's hope anyway.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:17 pm

lamar wrote:
plinkie wrote:
Your tone is offensive.

End of discussion.

There was never any discussion, you have just come on here announcing opinions as though they are facts. People will do this, people will do that. Jumping in, questioning the business sense, then jumping out, dismissing any response. It doesn't make for a fantastic discussion. Also as soon as I started responding you wanted to end the discussion right away. I was just asking where you're getting your fake statistics from such as the following claims:

"Many people considering C3 will not have a license to upgrade so you are focusing on a small base of customers."
"I can tell you that very few people will pay $99 a year for a subscription."

Also many of the things you're worried about they have already confirmed. The pricing is not going to change. They are going to be continuing with support for Construct 2.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:03 am

plinkie wrote:
lamar wrote:
Your tone is offensive.

End of discussion.
[/quote]

Is your name Tom?

You are being a troll and you know it.

My post was to Tom not you.
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:09 pm

Please keep it civil everyone, there's no need to be sniping at each other.

For current Construct 2 license holders, first year is 50% off. This means you'll be able to use Construct 3 for a year for $49.50.
Image Image
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:48 pm

Tom wrote:Please keep it civil everyone, there's no need to be sniping at each other.

For current Construct 2 license holders, first year is 50% off. This means you'll be able to use Construct 3 for a year for $49.50.

So Tom it will be $99 and $99 a year after that for people without a license.

$49.50 the first year if you have a license and then $99 a year.

Is that correct?

I have to say I think that newcomer price will keep a lot of people from buying and subscribing when first released considering C3 will be a Beta the first year.

It is that $99 a year subscription cost to keep using it that I think will turn off many people. Many of your supporters are younger kids and people from other countries where $99 a year is a whole lot of money.

If that is an auto subscription renewal I can already see parents screaming when they did not expect that ongoing bill when little Johny thought he was getting a one time purchase. May even raise legal issues.

Not trying to tell you how to run your business just looking at this as a businessman that has seen subscriptions kill a business and I want Scirra to be around and to grow it's customer base.

ADDED: We are seeing alot of error messages and slow uploads and game loads in the arcade. Is there a server issue or something hanging things up?
Banned User
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion