Construct 3 any news?

Post » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:03 pm

@Tom - what if i take C3 in 2 years from now on? i am a C2 user, do i get that first year of using for 50% since i jumped from c2 to c3 in 2 years or
do i have to buy for 99% in 2 years? is that just for this (2017) year buyers?
Sea Monsters template - Isometric
Also includes 40 pages PDF of optimizations and "how-to" for your games, and how the "sea monsters" template was built. Follow link for details :)

sea-monsters-templates-and-assets_t162705
B
39
S
14
G
12
Posts: 617
Reputation: 9,297

Post » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:17 pm

saiyadjin wrote:@Tom - what if i take C3 in 2 years from now on? i am a C2 user, do i get that first year of using for 50% since i jumped from c2 to c3 in 2 years or
do i have to buy for 99% in 2 years? is that just for this (2017) year buyers?


The direction we're going is that you can exercise your 50% discount whenever you want, this year, or next year etc.
Image Image
Scirra Founder
B
151
S
39
G
32
Posts: 4,300
Reputation: 51,778

Post » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:21 pm

lamar wrote:So Tom it will be $99 and $99 a year after that for people without a license. $49.50 the first year if you have a license and then $99 a year.

Is that correct?


Yes that's correct.

lamar wrote:If that is an auto subscription renewal I can already see parents screaming when they did not expect that ongoing bill when little Johny thought he was getting a one time purchase. May even raise legal issues.


Saying there are legal issues is pure speculation that we're going to do something intentionally illegal, which of course we would never do.

lamar wrote:ADDED: We are seeing alot of error messages and slow uploads and game loads in the arcade. Is there a server issue or something hanging things up?


Will look at this on Monday when I get in the office. One thing we're spending a lot of money and resources on is our web infrastructure going forwards with C3, we've got some announcements about that in the near future.
Image Image
Scirra Founder
B
151
S
39
G
32
Posts: 4,300
Reputation: 51,778

Post » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:07 pm

bilgekaan wrote:What we know so far:
- Construct 3 Personal subscription will be $99/year. (cheaper than Spotify)


Spotify provides unlimited music at an affordable price, whereas C3 just provides you with the tools to create games. Consuming entertainment vs. producing entertainment. It's not a fair comparison and it's not helping anyone.

A better comparison would be to say C3 the same price as Stencyl and Buildbox, or cheaper than GameSalad subscription.
B
14
S
7
G
3
Posts: 145
Reputation: 3,035

Post » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:14 pm

Tom wrote:
lamar wrote:So Tom it will be $99 and $99 a year after that for people without a license. $49.50 the first year if you have a license and then $99 a year.

Is that correct?


Yes that's correct.

lamar wrote:If that is an auto subscription renewal I can already see parents screaming when they did not expect that ongoing bill when little Johny thought he was getting a one time purchase. May even raise legal issues.


Saying there are legal issues is pure speculation that we're going to do something intentionally illegal, which of course we would never do.



I was not intimating you would intentionally do something illegal Tom and sorry if it sounded like that.

I don't know other country laws but in the US a child under 17 can not legally enter in to a contract of any kind including a subscription without parent permission so I was seeing a scenario where some of your subscribers are kids and the parents get a bill for an ongoing subscription and that could raise legal issues in the US.

Just something to be aware of and has caused probs for other companies in the US.
Banned User
B
21
S
6
G
57
Posts: 1,229
Reputation: 33,873

Post » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:18 am

Sebastian wrote:
bilgekaan wrote:What we know so far:
- Construct 3 Personal subscription will be $99/year. (cheaper than Spotify)


Spotify provides unlimited music at an affordable price, whereas C3 just provides you with the tools to create games. Consuming entertainment vs. producing entertainment. It's not a fair comparison and it's not helping anyone.

A better comparison would be to say C3 the same price as Stencyl and Buildbox, or cheaper than GameSalad subscription.


I'd much rather pay for tools that can help me create content that I could sell and possibly make a living from vs something i simply consume. Musicians pay thousands of dollars in software and equipment to create music and I'm sure they'd easily trade places with indie game developers. We have it easy. Buy a computer, cheap software and start creating.
Image
B
63
S
17
G
8
Posts: 530
Reputation: 12,822

Post » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:20 am

NotionGames wrote:
Sebastian wrote:
bilgekaan wrote:What we know so far:
- Construct 3 Personal subscription will be $99/year. (cheaper than Spotify)


Spotify provides unlimited music at an affordable price, whereas C3 just provides you with the tools to create games. Consuming entertainment vs. producing entertainment. It's not a fair comparison and it's not helping anyone.

A better comparison would be to say C3 the same price as Stencyl and Buildbox, or cheaper than GameSalad subscription.


I'd much rather pay for tools that can help me create content that I could sell and possibly make a living from vs something i simply consume. Musicians pay thousands of dollars in software and equipment to create music and I'm sure they'd easily trade places with indie game developers. We have it easy. Buy a computer, cheap software and start creating.


The fact that you would rather be a developer than a musician is irrelevant. You missed the point entirely.
B
14
S
7
G
3
Posts: 145
Reputation: 3,035

Post » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:51 am

Sebastian wrote:
NotionGames wrote:
I'd much rather pay for tools that can help me create content that I could sell and possibly make a living from vs something i simply consume. Musicians pay thousands of dollars in software and equipment to create music and I'm sure they'd easily trade places with indie game developers. We have it easy. Buy a computer, cheap software and start creating.


The fact that you would rather be a developer than a musician is irrelevant. You missed the point entirely.


I don't think he said that at all.
Which is actually missing the point.
Image ImageImage
B
164
S
49
G
138
Posts: 7,956
Reputation: 91,878

Post » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:14 am

newt wrote:
Sebastian wrote:
NotionGames wrote:
I'd much rather pay for tools that can help me create content that I could sell and possibly make a living from vs something i simply consume. Musicians pay thousands of dollars in software and equipment to create music and I'm sure they'd easily trade places with indie game developers. We have it easy. Buy a computer, cheap software and start creating.


The fact that you would rather be a developer than a musician is irrelevant. You missed the point entirely.


I don't think he said that at all.
Which is actually missing the point.


Explain it to me then, because it sounded like he was saying it's cheaper to be a developer than a musician, which had nothing to do with what I said. My point was comparing Spotify to C3 is not a fair comparison.
B
14
S
7
G
3
Posts: 145
Reputation: 3,035

Post » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:33 am

@Sebastian bottom line is if $8/month is too much for you, there are many other tools for you to use. I'd like to think your time would be better used creating with one of those engines than spending it complaining about construct 3
Image
B
63
S
17
G
8
Posts: 530
Reputation: 12,822

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: luckyrawatlucky, oosyrag and 0 guests