Construct 3 for Adventure Games and VN?

Post » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:53 am

Can we use Construct 3 for Adventure Games and Visual Novel creation, or is oriented like previous version towards platforms etc. ?
B
S

Post » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:59 am

i am currently working on an adventure game using Construct 2, you can use c2 for everything you imagine in 2D basically

B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:12 am

Do you use the built in functions? I remember I was researching v2 while back, and there were some questions regarding handling large amount of text. Is typewriter effect implemented, or someone wrote a plugin?
How do you handle inventory in your adventure game creation? Do you need extra programing?
For Characters do you import jpg, png walk cycle files or you have to draw all sprites in Construct?
B
S

Post » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:30 am

ok since your question is long i will answer part by part.

Do you use the built in functions?

yes, nothing external from C2 until the moment, all can be done inside construct 2

Is typewriter effect implemented, or someone wrote a plugin?

you can do that with just one event!

How do you handle inventory in your adventure game creation?

Arrays!!

For Characters do you import jpg, png walk cycle files or you have to draw all sprites in Construct?

all is done in different graphic softwares and exported into png to Construct2, sounds like you havent use Construct 2 if you ask this kind of question, Construct 2 lets you import any image file and use it the way you want.

B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:51 am

I appreciate your answer.
You are right, I didn't use Construct, at least not very much, downloaded long ago and got excited regarding the export options, but after asking few questions and trying few things myself I decided to stay with another software built from the ground up for VN creation. This is why I'm asking :D
Right now I have an Adventure game, point&click (with a lot of text) in mind and I'm shopping around for an engine.
Can you point me to more information regarding Adventure game creation projects in Construct 2?

Also, what is Construct 3 adding to this subject?
B
S

Post » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:08 am

IJCT wrote:i am currently working on an adventure game using Construct 2, you can use c2 for everything you imagine in 2D basically

I love the black and white look, are you using any plugins to create the sphere effect in the image?
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:09 am

ocimpean wrote:Can you point me to more information regarding Adventure game creation projects in Construct 2?

Construct 2 lets you make anything you can imagine with 2D, the thing is that there is nothing "prefabricated" and you will have to think like a real programmer to solve problems and achieve certain stuff, i will recommend you to start to experiment with Construct 2 since the engine is not aimed to any kind of game genre.

B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:00 pm

That, I'm sorry to say it falls far away from "no programming required" statement on the front page. This is why I wanted to know if v3 is bringing something else to the table ore is addressing the same market segment.
B
S

Post » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:20 pm

I got an inventory example all sorted for adventures, but I got stuck at pathfinding and dialogs, so that was that: open-source-adventure-game-engine-inventory_t185596
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:33 pm

ocimpean wrote:Can we use Construct 3 for Adventure Games and Visual Novel creation, or is oriented like previous version towards platforms etc. ?

You can, but it's going to take more than adding a few events to make it happen. Adventure Game Creator for Unity. That's all I have to say about making those kinda games. Of course, it's still nice to know a bit of programming to help you. If you're against that, stick with your current software.
B
S
G

Next

Return to General Discussion