Construct 3 - many questions (native exporterts)

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Thu May 07, 2015 3:25 pm

1. Will it have native exporters to iOS/Android/Windows/Linux/OSx ?
2. Will it have an opportunity to export game to flash format (.swf)?
3. Will it have native physics engine?
4. Will it have native 3D support?
5. Will it support vector images?
Last edited by paradine on Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 07, 2015 3:29 pm

As per the following blog post it will mainly be a remake of the editor itself, not of the engine. So the engine will not be radically different, and will still be using HTML5 (not Flash or native Windows exporting).

https://www.scirra.com/blog/155/the-future-of-construct
FREEDOM: Diegesis - Out Now for Windows! http://freedom.quicksandgames.com
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 07, 2015 3:29 pm

Well the good news is there's probably only one answer.....
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 07, 2015 3:31 pm

newt wrote:Well the good news is there's probably only one answer.....

I figured it was a bit blunt to just state ...

1. no
2. no
3. no
4. no

But I like yours better :lol:
Who dares wins
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 07, 2015 4:30 pm

Heh
You could call Javascript native to Windows 10, and FF os which is actually Linux, and there was a very slight mention of something 3dish on twitter.
Obviously the last two could fall under that.

So the only thing for sure is no flash, which is the best answer in all cases.
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 07, 2015 4:33 pm

Why even call it C3... Stupid move, if its just an editor remake. I don't get it
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 07, 2015 5:49 pm

xanxion wrote:Why even call it C3... Stupid move, if its just an editor remake. I don't get it

That's not so different from how a lot of software works. It would make less sense to make such a time-consuming project into just another iteration, like Construct 2 v230.
FREEDOM: Diegesis - Out Now for Windows! http://freedom.quicksandgames.com
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 08, 2015 11:05 am

Uhm.. Might be true for some software, though i haven't experienced that?. But they are often much more stable and usable, C2 has so many issues, so its more realistic to fix those first.

Why would anyone pay for a new editor, when games and apps run like crap on mobiles and are missing so many features, even on PC there are huge issues involved.

As of right now, C2 is useless. Why spend years on optimization and waiting for bug fixes, when you can get something more stable, and even free out there :P

C3 will be awesome, if they listen to their customers. But i doubt they will..
B
S
G

Post » Fri May 08, 2015 11:15 am

when you can get something more stable, and even free out there

I honestly wonder what you are referring to, because atm nothing beats C2 in terms of productivity for 2D games, assuming the project falls into the scope of what C2 can do obviously ; and that's coming from someone who has used custom in-house engines for mobile, console and PC games, bigger tools (Unity) and similar competitive frameworks (Torque2D, etc.)

Most of the major issues with C2 are coming from misunderstanding or misuses of the product.

C3 will be awesome, if they listen to their customers

The customers have conflicting requirements ; one wants 3D, the other wants native exporters, another one wants scripting, and so on. If people want more flexibility, they should use an existing framework, not a content integration toolset. But obviously the more complete and flexible, the more difficult it becomes to use. I don't think the Construct community is ready for that, given the amount of typical pitfalls hobbyist developers are reporting on these forums (performance killers, memory hogs, etc.)

Personally I just want C2/C3 to improve in what it does best : 2D games, nothing else. There already are products for other types of applications.
Game Producer & Independent Developer - http://raphaelgervaise.com
B
S

Post » Fri May 08, 2015 11:23 am

@Refeuh perhaps more stable functions for social integrations for web based games (I mean, the facebook plugin is outdated, there is a third party plugin but why keeping the one in the first place, depreciating it would be wise, or redoing it), web monetisation would also cut a lot of wrapping as some people seems to wrap their games just to monetise it.

My 2 cents obviously, but I think improvement on the web export and its advantages would be nice to have, as it is what C2 is doing best.
Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Next

Return to Construct 2 General