Construct 3 - many questions (native exporterts)

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:55 pm

I guess we should all be thankful that creating a good, optimized game is so much work or else there'd be 10 million apps in the app stores. I saw something not long ago that there is now software that is for one-click game publishing. I guess the idea is that the game has already been made for you, you just have to click "publish."
B
S

Post » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:16 pm

byondisoft wrote: Some people just need to understand that that's what they're buying.

Ok, it´s a post called CONSTRUCT 3 - MANY QUESTIONS in a forum of this program and people "ask" for features in construct 3, I´m very confused with this kind of opinion (not confused with construct 2 is), People can´t ask for features?...

[quote=]Any complaints of Construct 2 not having exporters that other engines do come from unsuccessful people complaining that it's not easy enough. That alone makes the person not really on par for the task of game designing. I can't personally say that I wouldn't like other exporters for Construct 2-3[/quote]

This opinion is make me crazy... my english in very bad: It´s like a criticism to the people that ask for a native exporters in construct with a "native ask" inside?

I don´t understand. Is not necesary to have a forum to a program, and webmaster can delete de mensages. If the webmaster let´s a post go, a post called "CONSTRUCT 3 - many questions", people can give an opinion/ask to construct3. I´m wrong?
B
S

Post » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:41 pm

I don't understand people who say "Construct 2 is only HTML5 tool".
The main page on http://www.scirra.com contains this phrase "True multiplatform support. Build your game in Construct 2 and publish it to all these platforms."

Also I don't understand people who say "Construct 2 is only for simple games".
The main page on http://www.scirra.com contains "Construct 2 lets YOU make advanced games!"

Sorry, but the only way to have "True multiplatform support" is to create native exporters.
I understand that very simple games can run fast also if they are made via XDK or NW, but "advanced games" can't run well.

And, please, don't tell me that I don't understand anything in game optimisation - in this topic I had already posted the same game via native export and via different versions of XDK - the difference is great.

Construct 2 is the greatest game editor ever. Event-action system is perfect.

I think, In a few years there will appear game engine with perfect event-action system like C2 has and one-click native export like Unity has at the same time.
This future engine will make it's developers VERY RICH.
If Ashley will try his best, this engine will be Construct 3 and Ashley will be very rich.
Otherwise, this engine will be Unity 3 and Ashley will not be very rich.

P.S. Unity is taken just for example. Any other team who will understand that "perfect editor+perfect engine=rich developers" will succeed.
Last edited by paradine on Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:24 pm

@davarrcal: I don't mean to bash anyone's suggestions and I'm aware this is a topic for the next version. I just find it silly to ask for C3 to have the exact same features as the competition. Native exporters are definitely a good idea though. But if that makes the software much more expensive or with subscription fees I'd rather for it to be just an improved version of C2. I'll use Unreal Engine (which is free) if I want to make the next Mass Effect type game. Sorry if my comments sounded a little too harsh.
B
S

Post » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:26 pm

paradine wrote:I don't understand people who say "Construct 2 is only HTML5 tool".
The main page on http://www.scirra.com contains this phrase "True multiplatform support. Build your game in Construct 2 and publish it to all these platforms."...

...Sorry, but the only way to have "True multiplatform support" is to create native exporters.

Multi platform means that you can run html5 on different devices. windows, android, ios etc.
So if you make a html5 game and post it on some web page you are able to run it from desktop browser, mobile browser... everything that is compatible with html5 technology - and this is not even close to what you think "native exporters" are.
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:40 pm

shinkan wrote:Multi platform means that you can run html5 on different devices. windows, android, ios etc.
So if you make a html5 game and post it on some web page you are able to run it from desktop browser, mobile browser... everything that is compatible with html5 technology - and this is not even close to what you think "native exporters" are.

No, you are not right - you are wrong.
The phrase is "...to all these platforms" and then there are icons of platforms. Among them there is HTML5 icon. That proves that the phrase is not about devices that support HTML5, but it is about different types of export.
Visit the main page www.scirra.com and find this phrase and read it again.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:22 pm

byondisoft wrote:@davarrcal: I don't mean to bash anyone's suggestions and I'm aware this is a topic for the next version. I just find it silly to ask for C3 to have the exact same features as the competition. Native exporters are definitely a good idea though. But if that makes the software much more expensive or with subscription fees I'd rather for it to be just an improved version of C2. I'll use Unreal Engine (which is free) if I want to make the next Mass Effect type game. Sorry if my comments sounded a little too harsh.

I know unreal engine... and for me is not the solution (to me) to mobile games design. Like very much the "node-type-programing" of blueprints because remember my a "composition programs" like nuke or blender but try to compile a empty proyect to android and see the results: a "huge empty proyect",i don´t have the skills in c++ to "delete" the unnecesary things... if you open aleatory apk of google-play games to android with 7zip and see the content, the posibilities that the game was made with unity is the 50%....I don´t think that unity is the "best optimiced" platform. No. Is the "most" complet and portable platform. Games compiled in unity are "reasonable" huge, and important thing: they works well in most platforms. But still have 2 problems for me: C# and price. I can learn C# (I don´t want,i like design, no write code) but the price is too big, 300, 400, 500 will be ok, 1500+1500 is to much... I´m hobbist, probably like most Construct users. (edit: I have instaled free unity3d, i´m try learn, still difficult to me the "script" part, the editor is ok for me, the future talks :D )

People in this forum don´t want make a Mass Effect,people want do 2d games (I think), and obviusly our "programing" skills are poor, we are in the scirra forums, no in the cocos2d forums...

Construct 2 for me is important, because the editor of GM is terrible. I see the things runing in construct, and later i "punch" my brain to the GML (literaly punch). But I would like do all in construct, and export all platforms. That´s all. My only feature "need" to construct 3 is "native export" (yes yes, huge feature, but the only I need).

And if i can "script" in imperative-basic like in amstrad cpc (the only languaje that i study to much ago)..... would be great :lol: . I like to the death GO TO instruction... :D
Last edited by davarrcal on Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S

Post » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:03 pm

Gradius wrote:I know native export is not something Ashley wants to do and I respect that, but I have to say, personally I would be happy to pay a *much* higher price for a C3 with native exporters. GMS goes for $799.99 for the full package, and I'd happily pay that (or more) for a stable C3 with native exporters.

One of the reason I like Construct 2 is that I can reach tons of platforms with a 100 euro price tag (even if it's not native). The only software I would buy at that 800$ price is one that I will be able to use forever for my life, without any other cost. I'm not a company, not a business, just one developer. And I don't think I'm the only one here :) I don't mean any offense, but raising the price that high won't help even with native export.

Also, people are asking for native exporters again. I completely understand their feelings and need for that, but it has been discussed several times on this forum that Construct 3 will not have native export.

paradine wrote:I think, In a few years there will appear game engine with perfect event-action system like C2 has and one-click native export like Unity has at the same time.

This might be the upcoming Spark Engine (currently in pre-alpha development): http://www.spark.tools/
Not to confuse with Project Spark from Microsoft.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:32 am

glerikud wrote:One of the reason I like Construct 2 is that I can reach tons of platforms with a 100 euro price tag (even if it's not native). The only software I would buy at that 800$ price is one that I will be able to use forever for my life, without any other cost. I'm not a company, not a business, just one developer. And I don't think I'm the only one here :) I don't mean any offense, but raising the price that high won't help even with native export.

Sure, I know it's a big chunk of money, and I'm not suggesting $800 should be the base price, there should obviously be cheaper packages similar to the price structure GMS offers, but I think it depends if you're a hobbyist or if you're seriously trying to sell commercially, if you're making commercial games (making money) I believe it's a fair price to pay for "pro" software. I still make that much per month just on the Xbox indie games I've released, and that market is pretty much dead these days. Pro software is always expensive, I paid close to $800 just for the music package I use, the prices on art and 3D modeling software is also massively expensive, but I'm willing to pay for it as long as it fits my needs and I can use it to make that money back. (and more on top obviously :D )
B
S
G

Post » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:36 am

Will construct 3 be coming soon?

I'm using the free version atm but seriously thinking of buying it but if a new version is coming out within the next few months, I'll hold off and wait.
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General