Construct 3 - many questions (native exporterts)

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:11 pm

droxon wrote:You can find a couple stencyl games here and you can see that they have great performance, I'm not even sure if C2 can handle something like ghost song... (i don't think so)

So why wouldn't C2 be able to handle something like Ghost Song? Just curious.

I saw the gameplay on their kickstarter page and kudos for reaching their goal but the game (from what i've seen so far) is nothing out of the ordinary that would require any high processing. Considering that the Metroid style games are a much slower and less action oriented than the Contra run'and'gun types. BTW, the developer did mentioned that he would be switching to Unity for the final product though.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:42 pm

Never mind then, I might be the only one... it seems that C2 can handle pretty much anything, its the most powerful game engine out there 8-)

Cryptwalker wrote:the developer did mentioned that he would be switching to Unity for the final product though.

He switched to unity, but then went back to stencyl.
B

Post » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:51 pm

droxon wrote:Never mind then, I might be the only one... it seems that C2 can handle pretty much anything, its the most powerful game engine out there 8-)

No one's saying that, we've all hit walls with C2 (seriously if anyone can tell me how to generate a seamless trail I will die happy) - but the more you learn to work with it, the more you'll learn that these obstacles can be overcome.

As with literally every tool.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:06 am

droxon wrote:Never mind then, I might be the only one... it seems that C2 can handle pretty much anything, its the most powerful game engine out there 8-)

Of course it is. Otherwise you'd be using something else much more powerful, like stencyl or unity 8-).
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:14 am

c2 is pretty powerfull, only users are pretty weak.

p.s. if you never programmed in something "real" like c# c++ and you miss a lot of patterns and such knowledge i suggest you spend a month or two reasearching about that. then suddenly your logic will be up by 100x and c2 will suddenly become overpowered. (some things could get an improvement true, but you can practically do anything)
Sea Monsters template - Isometric
Also includes 40 pages PDF of optimizations and "how-to" for your games, and how the "sea monsters" template was built. Follow link for details :)

sea-monsters-templates-and-assets_t162705
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:57 am

C2 is the best tool to make HTML5 games.
But export to other formats is not native that's why games work bad even if they are very well optimised.

For example, I created a physics puzzle game - it shows 60 fps on Crosswalk 7 but there is an alert from Google Play about OpenSSL.
That's why I used Crosswalk 10 - there is no alert from Google Play, but the game shows only 30-40 fps and there are freezes every 4-5 seconds.

Other example, NodeWebkit shows very bad performance if the user does not have Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 redistributable installed on his computer.
The game could run 60 fps on Google Chrome, but it will run 20-40 fps on Node-webkit if the user does not have Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 redistributable installed on his computer
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:26 am

droxon wrote:What if it never gets better? How can you rely on third party if that can make C2 look bad if they do something wrong?

Well, it already is better - check yourself by running Canary. In time that will make beta, which will then make stable. Given all browser makers have been putting in a great deal of development resources in to browsers for the past few years and Chrome and Firefox in particular pushing very aggressive 6-week release cycles, I find it very difficult to take seriously the idea that anything will stay the same forever, particularly when Google say they are aware of the issue and are working to make v-sync scheduling flawless.

Modern software development without relying on third parties is practically impossible. For example some users suggest we use Haxe instead, which is just a different third party and we could equally be hosed by problems with Haxe. (I also doubt it has as much testing and development resources going in to it as Chrome does.) Imagine if we wrote an engine depending on XNA - Microsoft ended up dropping support for that. Or Silverlight - the same just happened (they officially announced recently Edge won't support Silverlight!) All platforms have their quirks and risks. Chrome's v-sync scheduling is a bug - it's been a problem for a while, but it's just a bug like any other - and as far as I can tell it's already fixed in Canary, where according to sbperftest on my dev machine the maximum jank is just 0.1ms off v-sync.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:47 pm

its nice to see all of these games engines being ported to linux as well.
First it was Unreal, then Godot, clickteam fusion 3 is planned and construct 3 as well! Now even Unity3d has a linux editor planned for a release - those guys got it to a point where they can show screenshots even!

Why the sudden interest after all these years? Is this possibly a result of Valve's push for steamos??

I agree with @ashley on the performance point. I just wish the html5 wrappers had a more consistent/stable performance.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:49 am

paradine wrote:1. Will it have native exporters to iOS/Android/Windows/Linux/OSx ?
2. Will it have an opportunity to export game to flash format (.swf)?
3. Will it have native physics engine?
4. Will it have native 3D support?
5. Will it support vector images?

To cut a long story short:
1-No
2-No
3-No
4-No
5 ???

Will C3 support vector images like .svg?
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:07 am

"native" is getting harder to define, anyway. Would WebAssembly count?
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General